Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop will no longer turn on, or off. The screen is black and the only lights are the orange led when plugged in, and a slow flashing white led on the power button.

I have tried a hard reset to no avail. I let it drain entirely and then plug in and that had no effect. No matter what I do it either has no lights at all from having no power, or the sleep and charge lights.

From my searches this seems likely to be the extensively prevalent motherboard issue that plagues these expensive machines. I am unfortunately 6 months out of warranty.

Any suggestions on additional troubleshooting steps to check if it is in fact the motherboard? 

Has anyone heard if HP is doing anything to address this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Any ideas why this problem still exists for a $1500 laptop bought in 2019? I bought a high end laptop so I could trust it. But after only a year and a half it is a brick. 

HP Recommended

Hey man, I’m right there with you, same issue. I made a thread yesterday, it has some more info:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Having-the-same-x360-Spectre-battery-not-char...

Hopefully they can escalate us to an agent. It’s obviously a manufacturer’s defect with it happening to so many people in the same exact way.  I’m out of warranty as well (Feb 2019 to Feb 2020), but there’s people in our situation that have been able to get the replacement board for free or discounted while out of warranty. Good luck, post an update in here if they end up helping you and what happens, although I don’t know if they’ll contact us with your thread being 8 days old and no reply from an HP rep.  Sigh, this sucks. I paid $1300 for mine.

HP Recommended

@Mycomuse

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.