Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Pavilion G7
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I also have a broken left hinge on my HP Pavilion 17.3 which I purchased a little over 3 year ago. I had it fixed 2013 and it seemed ok, but now it cracks again on the xact same place.

Now the screen went white again 😞

Based on all the other similar problems, this should be fixed by HP in my opinion. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jerry16

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@Jerry16

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my Pavilion g7-201.  The registration shows that it is out of warranty but I cannot find information if the hinges are warranted seperately.  It is the left one and there is not a problem with the screen YET

HP Recommended

I so much enjoyed my G7 laptop and I have though highly of HP unitl now.  My hinge locked and busted the base when I opened it.  HP should recall these and fix them.  I paid good money for this beautiful laptop.  The best looking and working system I have ever owned now sits on a shelf.  Anyone have any luck with HP getting this fixed out of warranty?  Sure was not man-handled and looks to be a manuafacturing flaw.

HP Recommended

@mdjsg

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hello,

I've read the comments in this section and it appears I am having the same issue.  The hinge has caused left side of my computer above the power button to break off. Also since the hinge is no longer inside the casing, I cannot close my laptop down & if I try is causes the casing to seperate.

What information do I need to provide for assistance?

Thank You!

HP Recommended

@hasal-79

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Good evening. 

I'm not sure if this is an active message board post, but I have also encountered this issue with my HP Pavillion G7 laptop left hinge breaking and causing separation between the keyboard and base. 

Please let me know what the next steps may be and any cost may be involved to correct this issue.

Thank you! 

Mike R.

HP Recommended

@myran344

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.