Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My daughter's HP Pavilion is experiencing the same hinge problem.  Right side has torn away from the screen and now unable to open/close screen without it coming apart.  I understand the warranty expired last September but this problem began at college last sprng, she was gone for the summer and now is needing to get it fixed before school starts again.

Seems to be a common problem or poor workmanship.  Please contact me about the options to get it fixed.  

HP Recommended

@MagnificentLEE

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
@MagnificentLEE

It is poor workmanship and a common problem. HP won't help get it fixed and won't stand behind their products. I had to go buy a new laptop. I'd recommend checking out something from Apple since they'll actually stand behind their products.
HP Recommended
Sorry ro say but they will tell you to pay to fix. They have a problem and should be losing customers over this. Just bought my daughter her first computer and vocally, for all to hear in Best Buy, recommended avoiding HP due to this. When the rest of these HP laptops I own die I will NEVER buy HP again and will NEVER recommend. Dell had hinge issue sometime back on a laptop I owned and stood behind their product post warranty and fixed all for free.
HP Recommended
Why do I keep getting emails from "students " or others claiming to be part of the HP company. How about some direct word HP. Isn't it about time HP got the balls to admit it's their problem and only HP has the solution. I spent $1000.00 for their "top of the line " laptop, expecting it to last me through the few years I have left. Within a year or so, my hinges like those of many many others started to fall apart. My daughter had also purchased a like laptop, same thing happened to hers.

Come on HP get off your high horse and do the right thing for people who have spent their hard earned money with faith in your product. Are you going to just slam the door in our faces? If so, you've got the very last of my money. There are many other companies out there that would love to have our money.
HP Recommended
HP has lost my business for ever due to their inability to help anyone out with the problem. It is CLEARLY a problem that has affects many, many people and they're support is useless. Students cannot go out and afford a new laptop on a whim. They're going to keep not responding and not helping anyone out. Terrible product and even worse customer service.
HP Recommended

Hello: Another Envy 17 Touch with broken hinges. Seems to be manufacturer defect as is so common.  Product number:E8A11UA#ABA   I got it new as a graduation present and have taken great care of it. I would like to get it repaired. 

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing a similar problem. After only 2 years, the right hinge has broken and is making it almost impossible to open my laptop without fear of breaking something and the border around the screen continues to be pulled away. I'm so frustrated because I've treated this computer with a lot of care only to have it break, especially when it's so important for my university school work and I can't afford to get it fixed. Hopefully someone can help me find a solution that doesn't require paying for it, especially when it's a design flaw rather than something caused by me.

HP Recommended

@emilyw_99

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.