Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Split x2 13-m010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

To summarize:

My split x2 docking station is completely inoperational. 

For the circumstances:

While using my split x2 13-m010 last night, my dog brushed against me. When she did that, I felt a static discharge from me to the keyboard and back. Afterwards, I discovered I had no keyboard input, the docking station had no power (leaving my system running on Battery 1) and I have lost the 'Safely remove hardware' icon.

I have searched the issue(s) in the forums and completed every recommended step to troubleshoot to no avail. I cannot send this system in for warranty, as I purchased it in 2013 and the warranty has already expired.

Perhaps there is something that I am missing?

System: HP Split x2 13-m010dx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@whetstoneAZ

You're welcome and thank you for clarifying it for me. 

I have reviewed your case and suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP laptop. Because this sounds like an internal hardware issue with the laptop. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@whetstoneAZ

I understand that you have an HP Split x2 13-m010 laptop and there was a static discharge from you to the keyboard and back. Since then the keyboard is not working and the docking station has no power. Also, the safely remove hardware icon is absent. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a good job.

I would like to know the following information to assist you better:

• Have you tried disconnecting the notebook from the docking station and restarting everything all over again and then reconnect the laptop to the docking station?
  • Does the notebook work fine when not connected to the docking station?

Meanwhile, I suggest you to review the steps from this link to troubleshoot issues with docking station: http://hp.care/2mFO7Pe

I sincerely hope this fixes the issue. Let me know the outcome. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

@MKazi:

Thank you for the response. There might be a slight misunderstanding in the troubleshooting steps you recommended, because the Split x2 13-m010 is a convertable/detachable laptop and tablet. The keyboard itself is the docking station for the touchscreen/tablet.

I have, though, disconnected and reconnected the touchscreen/tablet from the keyboard/docking station, restarted and reconnected multiple times.

As well, the touchscreen tablet itself works fine (including charging the battery) whether it is connected to the keyboard docking station or not. When the touchscreen tablet is connected to the keyboard docking station, though, it does not receive a charge.

HP Recommended

@whetstoneAZ

You're welcome and thank you for clarifying it for me. 

I have reviewed your case and suggest you to reach out to HP phone support to explore the hardware service options for your HP laptop. Because this sounds like an internal hardware issue with the laptop. 

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! 

HP Recommended

@Mkazi

Thank you for your assistance. 

What follows is a followup, that perhaps other users can perhaps provide insight on. 

Today, just for defecation and giggles, I attached the tablet/screen and plugged my AC adapter into the keyboard station for my Split x2.
The charging indicator light came on. I then turned on the laptop and let it run POST and boot.

At the password screen, I attempted to use the physical keyboard and discovered that it worked.

After logging in, I checked to verify the touchpad worked.

In short: Static discharge "borked" my laptop keyboard/docking station for a detachable. I troubleshot to no avail, then waited 3 days after static discharge incident and the keyboard now works.

HP Recommended

Hi @whetstoneAZ,

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad to hear it's working. should you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.