Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Hi all,

to get the 2.30 driver give HP a call and they will sent a temp Link to die driver.

This driver fixed the issue at 2 from 10 machines.

But we found a solution for our issue. It will be strange but our problem was the LTE modul driver.

At the time we installed the driver our dispay issues ocure , we will not use the lte modul, so we disabled the WWAN in the BIOS and the display is gone.

HP 850 G3 with LTE modul.

Regards Matthias

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi,

We have same issue with 820G3 and it seems that if i drop 1920x1080 resolution to 1680x1050, all extended desktops stop blinking.

I run 3 Monitor setup on slimdock 2013 setup.

I have 1.07 BIOS flashed and also .4457 Drivers and 2.30 firmware for docking station. I have tried to run this setup without Intel drivers and use onle what comes with Windows but same blinking is there.

All Win7 and W10 versions are atleast affected.

HP Recommended

I second this. 2.30, latest BIOS, tried .4457 drivers and beta drivers from Intel. No go.

Is there anything that we could try?

This issue is not solved by 2.30 fw for all.

HP Recommended

I have the Exact same issue we have just bought about 20 of the 840 G3 i5 and i7 

they both have the flickering problem i have tried pretty much everything .... 

all the drivers bios DP hub are up to date ... 

the flickering still occurs even when switching monitors (which is occurding to hp support is the problem ) .... 

what i did find usefull is going to msconfig >services and then disabling the "Windows Error Reporting Service" 

and "Problem Reports ANd solutions Control Panel Support"  

which fixed the issue at like 7 laptops out of 10 but it still may occur once or twice a day ..... 

im waiting patienctly so far for a fix but still ... we worked with dell laptops up until now and i have never seen anything like that even the lack of support from HP ... 

HP Recommended
Hi, our flicker fix is at this moment to disable next setting from bios.

Extended Idle Power States

Regards,
Kimmo
HP Recommended

Thanks Ksahi i havent tryed that one yet .

HP Recommended

Mr. Protocol,

On the units that did work have you had an issue when the unit is undocked and the onboard LCD is used right away (ex. user going to a meeting) does the resolution correct itself or do you have to log off and log back in for it to correct itself to the correct resoluiton?

I have one 840G3 with the latest bios, intel drivers, i7 core (OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586) that when undocked I have to logoff and log back in to correct the onboard resolution. Same issue happens when I redock it the resolution is off and I have to logoff and then back in for it to work. I'm using two HP p221 monitors. 

HP Recommended

Hi unitrak ,No i havent had any resolution issues when undocking were using DELL P2414H Monitors connected with DP cables to the Docking station. 

HP Recommended

We also have this issue. It appears to be linked to users cell phones. We are running hp 840 g3 laptops with a single HP v241 monitor connected VGA to a ultra slim docking station.  When we take cell phones far away from the laptop it seems to clear up, but if a call is placed remotely close to the machine the monitors flicker and even go out completely.

Note: It appears this also happens off the dock, but you have to place the phone much closer to the backspace key. I did not even believe the end user until we went over and looked at the issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.