Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
You see 3 of them right? Down the last one on the list. The number is the file name.
HP Recommended

Ok, we got there. It seems HP have changed something here but from looking at it you would never know. It appears there is a valid digital signature on this file now.

So, from the catalog download page and searching for "hp mobile protection" the list shows these 3 at the bottom.

Step 1Step 1Step 2Step 2Step 3Step 3Step 4Step 4

You can see from Step 4 that the signature dates are different, but in step 1, you can see that the version and upload date are the same. So it seems HP have re-released it. This has been a lot of hassle for what should have been a simple thing for HP to rectify.

HP Recommended

This morning at approximately 11:30 GMT I did the following and it seems to have fixed the problem:-

1. R Click Start
  2. Choose Control Panel
  3. Choose Device Manager
  4. Expand System Devices
  5. R Click HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor
  6. Choose Properties
  7. Choose Driver
  8. Choose Update Driver
  9. Choose Search automatically for updated software
  10. Follow instructions
  11. Restart PC

Hope this helps a few of you.

HP Recommended

Indeed it will work now as the digital signature was put in place in the last 24 hours.

HP Recommended

This was very helpful and although it didn't quite do the job for me it gave me a lead and now it's all working fine.

Thanks

HP Recommended
But update by using window update still failed because microsoft didn't remove the issue driver from their database so you have to update it manually.
HP Recommended

Same problem and i solved uninstalling the HP Mobile Data Protection sensor from Device Manager (driver included), reboot in No signature required and installing manually the new version...maybe no need to install manually the new driver

HP Recommended

Open Device Manager

Device manager/System Devices/HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor

Right click and choose Update Driver

Select Search automatically for updated software

Worked perfectly and installed version 6.0.21.1

HP Recommended

This worked for me! Thanks Hansa11!

HP Recommended

This did the trick.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.