Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6-n010dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Opened up the back and it looks like the screws that hold the hinge in place have just completely detached from the bottom. It happened on its own, and it also caused cracking in the back near it. Almost a 3 year old laptop so obviously no warranty but was wondering if there is a way to fix this? Worried about dumping super glue into my laptop but that's the only thing I can think of. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ehines

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Ehines

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I have the same problem with My M6-n010dx. Right hinge is broken. Bits of plastic and loose brass inserts floating around inside the computer. Screws fell out. How can I fix this obvious manufacturer defect?
HP Recommended

Hi @Gbarker45,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh wrote:

Hi @Gbarker45,

I have escalated your concern to HP’s Support Team in your region to have it reviewed for available options if any. 

You should be contacted within 4 business days (Excluding Holidays & Weekends). 

Response times may vary by region. 

Please send a Private Message, if you aren’t contacted within 4-5 business days.

Regards,

Thank you for sending this on but it's been 10 days and no message from anyone.

HP Recommended

Thank you for escalating this but it appears HP isn't going to stand behind their products. This is frustrating considering the laptop is only a few years old and lightly used. I'll have to be more cautious when shopping for future technology. Customer support and standing behind the product is big with me and needs to be strognly considered when making a purchasing decision. Unfortunaetly HP has let me down on this one.

HP Recommended

I also have a 3 year old Envy, which I spent upwards of $1200 to buy. Over time, the left hinge has come apart, the bottom casing has detached completely near the power button, and the actual hinge casing has broken in several pieces. Now, my cooling fan has stopped working, probably because of grabbing up debris over the course of a few years of the plastic deteriorating. Essentially, I have a $1200 paperweight because I cannot use my machine. 

My ex-husband bought this laptop for me as a gift 3 years ago and it is my only source of entertainment (Netflix and gaming) and I also use it for a side business which has been put on hold now because I cannot use my machine. Speaking from a component and software level, it is still in mint condition (as I have always been adamant about using cleaning software and backing things up) but physically, it's a piece of crap.

I have a 10 year old Gateway that still runs, has never fallen apart, never stopped working (other than becoming obsolete for what I need it for) that cost me $600. I am so disappointed that I have this beautiful laptop that I cannot use. I am unable to afford to replace it, and even repairing the machine is going to cost me about $300 or $400 as I need to replace the hinge, the fan, and the casing.

I will never buy an HP ever again.

HP Recommended

@amandaem79

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
I'd be interested in hearing what they have to say. I was basically told "sorry, we aren't going to repair it but here's where you can buy the parts."
HP Recommended

Yeah, me too. When my ex bought this computer for me (with my own money, unbeknownst to me), I thought it was amazing and was so excited and happy with it. As I've said, I have had no issues with the operation of the machine, but it has been rendered useless because of faulty casing and mechanisms. I'm so upset that this has happened. I alternate between wanting to chuck the damned thing out the window, and trying to repair it.

I hope something can be done to correct this blatant manufacturer's defect.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.