Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY X360 - 13-Ay0008na

Hi there,

I’ve been using this laptop for more than a year, and just now I went to close it to finish for the day. Then the right hinge had popped out randomly, but my warranty is expired.

Any advice on repairs?

HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy x360 for almost 2 years. Last night my laptop was perfectly fine, I used and closed no problem. Today, when I opened the laptop, the right side hinge squeezed and cracked the screen. The laptop is unusable. I see A lot of people having the same issue. HP should do a recall on those laptops, once it is over $1300 laptop. Nobody that buys a laptop like this expect to have those problems in 2 years. 

HP Recommended

I totally agree

HP Recommended

it is more like 800 cases per year, and that's only for reported cases on this website...

HP Recommended

Same thing here - had HP Envy x360 for 2 years with no issues. I always handled it with care, but last night the left hinge broke after I opened the laptop normally. Now, I can't shut my computer at all and the screen begins to split if I don't keep it at a very particular angle. I need this laptop for both work and school, but now I can't travel with it. This is ridiculous for an expensive laptop that has been well taken care of - the fact that it hardly made it 2 years under normal use is insane and a failing of HP. They need to remedy this.

HP Recommended

I'm going to add to this thread and say we just had the same thing happen to an HP Envy x360, model 15M-EE0013DX, purchased late November 2020. The laptop lived on a table at my mother's house, was never transported, rarely even closed, and upon shutting it about a week ago we got the crunching noise, and the hinge popped completely out of the right corner and also cracked the screen. I've got a screw and a handful of black plastic shavings in my hand. Her last laptop, an A S U S, lasted 7 years. Heck, my last HP laptop, a Pavilion dv6t-6000, is 11 years running with no problems except now being a little slow and heavy. That's why we bought an HP for her. Alas.

HP Recommended

HP doesn't take the responsability for the defect hinges after warranty. But it's clearly a manufactured problem. ***bleep***

HP Recommended

Hello, Nirvana_95

Unfortunately, my HP ENVY x360 Laptop -15t-ed000 CTO purchased in 2020 has experienced right hinge failure, and I am wondering if you can provide some assistance?  I was an HP employee for many years (now retired), and I recognize the quality of HP support.  Please let me know if there are any steps that I can take to get this resolved, as my Laptop is out of warranty.  BLUGTR

HP Recommended

HPEnvyx360MHinge12212022.jpgI just had the same issue. I've had my devicefor two years and I am very gentle with it. Seems like a common defect from what I am reading. I was quoted between $250 and $400 from a local computer repair shop, Everyone I talk to is aware of this design defect. HP needs to own up to its mistake and take care of its customers. If they do not make things right for me I will never buy another HP product and I will let everyone know about this issue so they do not buy an HP product. 

HP Recommended

This is exactly what happened to my computer just a few moments ago. I never take it anywhere and it is almost as good as new. What is there to do about this, since this is a common occurrence for people with this laptop...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.