Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

download wind 10 tool create bootable usb within this tool, better use usb2 stick to avoid incampatability with usb3.

or you can use usb 3 stick as they are compatabile with usb 2 but you have to use usb2 port or if no usb2 ports only usb 3 port in bios should be an option to support legasy usb (usb2)

its should work then install fresh and enjoy, fresh install is always the best option.

HP Recommended

For those interested in upgrading the SSD on the Spectre x360, I succesfully installed an Intel 600P 1TB NVMe SSD in my Spectre x360, late 2015 Skylake model.

Just install it in the machine, prepare an usb disk with Windows 10 installation, using media creation tool, and it will activate automatically, because the OEM license is stored in Microsoft servers 🙂
Windows 10 sees the drive during the installation process. It was very easy to do!
The stock 256 SSD started to be very small for my typical usage.
If anyone needs pictures and help doing this please feel free to ask, I'll be happy helping you.

HP Recommended
Hoi I diagnosed hard disk during start up of my laptop. But test failed and having id like this
failure id GU4704 7LL8NS XD7V6K 60X003 IN HP
Please if anyone knows about this error.. kindly share detail
HP Recommended

What a false (most stupid) idea!

SSD is not meant to replace HDD

no one mean, never and will not mean that

SSD has much shorter and lower lifespan than HDD because of the NAND natural properties

it has quite low repetition number of write access before it collaps its functional job 

HP Recommended
Hello. In my hp envy m6-n113 amd fx 7500 possible connected SSD m.2 or other SSD without removing HDD??)
And if possible where is this connection??
HP Recommended

Don't worry about the lifespan of an SSD in an HP computer, you're most likely to need to replace the computer before the SSD fails. I've got lots of experience with HP. Each computer, laptop or desktop, had a hard drive fail within 3 years of normal use.

HP Recommended

Hi, I'd like to know if the HP Pavilion Notebook 14-bf011ns has an SSD slot.

Thank you,

Yaggyu

HP Recommended

@Yaggyu wrote:

Hi, I'd like to know if the HP Pavilion Notebook 14-bf011ns has an SSD slot.

Thank you,

Yaggyu

It is delivered with a legacy SATA 2.5" hard disk. That means it can be upgraded to a 2.5" SATA SSD using the same SATA port that the legacy hard disk was using.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
I can use this ssd in my hp 241 g1 notebook.
Kingston SSDNow UV400 120GB SATA 3 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SUV400S37/120G) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01FJ4UN76/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cqGRAb82E6B53
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.