Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

looks like this is stuck now. cant get into win install with usb to access doc command. just gets back to the page as in picture. i was however able to get into HP diagnostics and drive shows up

HP Recommended

I hope you did migration of OS from HDD to SSD and i believe it went wrong,  get windows instalation media from microsoft and use it to fix your boot.

HP Recommended

or use installation media just to reintall windows that's it

HP Recommended

Make sure you disconnect the 2TB SATA hard disk  if you are going to modify the M.2 SSD.

That will help avoid confusion and avoid killing the Windows installation on that disk.

@andriuskarpas

How about letting the original poster and I continue without your interference.

The type of installation media that has to be used for a clean installation is where it gets complicated for most people.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

wow it was realy rude 😄

HP Recommended

@andriuskarpas wrote:

wow it was realy rude 😄

If you will take a look at the previous post you will noticed I rewrote it.

Being rude was not  my actual intent.

It is just that you were adding confusion without specification to the discussion.  This is not simple stuff. Windows media is not simply one type fits all as it used to be.  The trend to using GPT volumes and EFI changed that.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

This procedure explains how to fix a drive ghosted (or cloned) when it has UEFI enabled.

Please not that this was done using Windows 8.

I’ve tested this procedure with SSD and HDD, both of them working fine after.

To clone, you can use Ghost (with full disk clone) or EaseUs ToDo Backup (Free) .

Boot with Windows 8  10 UEFI media

(windows 7 is similar)

After choosing language options, you’ll be able to click “repair my computer”

Select the “troubleshoot” menu, then “advanced”, then “Command Prompt”

Find the UEFI partition

on the command prompt, type “Diskpart

on the diskpart> prompt, type “sel disk 0” (number zero),

then “list vol” to list the partition on your drive

Look for the partition formated in  “FAT 32” with no letter assigned

Select the partition using “sel vol n

assign a letter using “assign letter=b:

Enter these commands to fix UEFI issue after migrating and HDD to an SSD over windows

Enter these commands to fix UEFI issue after migrating and HDD to an SSD over windows

NOTE:  If you don’t see any FAT32 partition, just do this command:

bootrec /RebuildBcd

Then reboot.  You should be good to go.

Fix Windows file

Now exit dispart using “exit

type “cd /d b:\EFI\Microsoft\Boot

type “bootrec /fixboot

Rename the BCD file, type “ren BCD BCD.bak

Recreate the BCD file, type “bcdboot c:\Windows /l en-us /s b: /f ALL

replace the “en-us” with your language settings

Type “Exit” to quit and return to the troubleshoot screen, then turn off.

Reboot and it should be working.

try these steps might work if you know how to do.

HP Recommended

thank you very much 

HP Recommended

Id say chack this pdf virh sandisk recommendations hoe to succesfull complete migration of os from HDD to ssd 

http://downloads.sandisk.com/downloads/um/ssd-install-guide.pdf

HP Recommended

thank you for that.

decided to go for format ssd and clean new win 10 install.

unfortunately now I still have the same problem . same error pic (see previous post) comes up and i can't get into win install at all ..'your PC needs to be repaired'

i know ssd is ok as i just had it in the old way and the old 2TB to format ssd

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.