Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Removing Simplepass and registering a new fingerprint did the trick for me. Can now log-on again via fingerprint even after waking up from screensaver.

HP Recommended

Did you reinstall HP simple pass or you permanently uninstalled?

Will Windows 10 HELLO login use fingerprint without HP SP software?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

I went into services and disabled it.  Others have found the sensor will work with that configuration but I find the sensor is a pain in the rear and don't use it.

HP Recommended

Permanently uninstalled HP Simple Pass. W10 login uses fingerprint w/0 HP software.

HP Recommended

I strongly disagree and would discourage using the marked solution for this Thread because many steps are unnecessary like uninstalling device drivers and apps.

I was able to simply disable the service. This was also described early in this Thread but omitted the problem that the service refuses to stop so requires a reboot. I was also able to disable in Services(WbioSvc)  and didn't require mucking in the Registry.

This is a fully updated Win10 1903, Build 18363.535

Updated Dec 12, 2019

This isn't a trivial problem,

The CPU usage degrades video playback, causing both audio and video interruptions, all Bluetooth connections (not just headphones, sometimes even keyboard so likely other devices as well) and impacts heavy load applications.

At the moment, I don't really suspect HP code as the real source of this problem, circumstantially I strongly suspect this is a MS Win10 problem in the OS, I can't imagine why a biometric identification service should be allowed a super high priority even if input might be faulty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.