Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bq1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an unbelievable amount of issues with this laptop. I had already returned and exchanged one unit at the retailer and this one is even worse.  I can't be the only one having these issues comsidering I managed to get two faulty/buggy units in a row. 

I am hoping HP is taking corrective action for those of us who have purchased this product. 

My issues are as follows:

-Frequent crashes. Often several times a day, which is very frustrating considering I used this laptop for presentations at work (not anymore). 

-The mouse pointer frequently bugs out and becomes invisible on most of the screen. The only way to bring it back is to go to mouse settings and click on the pointers tab where I am greeted by several messages indicating that the pointer files are corrupt. I then have to click "ok" on several error messages until they stop popping up and then I have to switch to a new pointer set and then switch back. 

-Frequent video glitches, especially when watching youtube videos where the screen just goes black or green. 

- the facial recognition log-in software often can't start the camera

- Auto-rotation is unreliable

-After barely 2 weeks of use the rubber feet on the bottom of the laptop started falling off, this is with very light use considering I no longer trusted the laptop to use for anything important or work related. 

-Various slowdowns and hiccups and slow network performance when loading web pages. 

I don't understand how HP can release a product with so many issues. It started the moment it came out of the box, so I don't see how QC could have missed these problems. 

I've tried using the HP Support Asssistant program to install updates, but the problems persist. 

Please help.

Thank you. 

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Anyone?

HP Recommended

@MrRm,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you are facing multiple issues with the computer.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I am sending you a private message suggesting further course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having all the same issues. Have you found and solutions?

HP Recommended

I have had almost every issue you listed  with my EnvyX360 also..I may have to consider never getting another HP!

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delayed response. After multiple calls with HP support (where they kept runing remote diagnostics and telling me the laptop was fine), they had me bring the laptap to Best Buys' geek squad (one of HP's authorized repair servicers). Geek squad found that the crashes were due to over heating and the heat sink/cooling system was not attached/working properly to the processor.  They repaired it.

I am no longer having random crashes. 

I am still, however, having issues with the mouse cursor disappearing. Still having video playback hiccups and "digital glitching", for lack of a better term. The rubber feet  were reattached very sloppily as if a 4 year old did it with elmers glue.

Also the network performance is very slow. 

This whole experience has really tarnished my opinion of HP. I think I am done buying their products. 

EDIT: Correction. I am STILL having random crashes! They're just less frequent now. What a joke..

HP Recommended

Same issues. I received laptop 2 days back only. Wireless connections drops every 4 to 5 minutes. Mouse track pad also freezes every few minutes. Very annoying. 

HP Recommended

I hope you guys get help.

I have the same laptop and have none of the issues you guys are talking about. I am very pleased with it.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I haven't been hearing the greatest stuff about these laptops.

I recently viewed a very respected tech reviewer's honest opinion/overview of the Ryzen ENVYs and he also discussed frequent video glitches and general instability.

- Eddy

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

My problems are still not resolved even after having my laptop serviced.. Is it possible that HP can send me a replacement unit? I have never had such a bad experience with a product. If this situation is not resolved fairly, I will never buy another HP product again. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.