Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
Spectre x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This morning I woke up to discover that my HP Spectre x360 does not sit flat on a desk anymore. It appears that the whole underside of the laptop has adopted a convex curvature, and the center of it contacts the desk below. My guess is that the battery is going bad and has expanded. Anyone else having this issue? Is there anything that can be done to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

TechRush5
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

TechRush5
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I am seeing the same issue.  Please advise.

Model: HP Spectre x360 Convertible 13

Product Number: L0Q52UA#ABA

Serial Number: xxxxxxxxxx

HP Recommended

HP contacted me within a week, and arranged for me to ship out my Spectre x360 for repair. Not sure if they just replaced the battery or also the bottom panel, but they had it back to me in about a week's time. HP's service was awesome. The Spectre still tends to run quite hot at times, so I would expect this to happen again in the future, perhaps in another two years' time. 😞

HP Recommended

I have same problem. Battery not on recall list but is swollen both up (keyboard listed) and down (case swollen). Is this battery dangerous? Can I get a replacement? Model: LOQ51UA purchased 05/30/2016

HP Recommended

@GPdavid

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I don't know where else to post this so I hope that you can be of some assistance to me. I have an HP Spectre x360 laptop (Model: 2LU96UA HP Spectre x360 Conv 13-ae013dx). I have the same problem with my battery as the other users on this forum. My battery has swollen up so much that it has caused the back panel to pop off, and my laptop won't even sit flat as a result. I'm afraid to continue using this laptop with the battery in its current condition as I'm afraid that the battery will continue to swell up, and possibly cause even more damage to the computer. Having owned this laptop for only a little more than a year I shouldn't be experiencing this type of problem with the battery. I've already downloaded and ran HP's battery recall validation utility and to my surprise it said that my battery was not covered under HP's current battery recall. This is very upsetting to me because this laptop wasn't cheap. I purchased a higher end laptop because I wanted quality, yet here I am just a little over a year later with a laptop that's falling apart due to a defect with the battery. After reading some of the responses from other users on this forum that had experienced the same problem with their batteries, it appears that HP has taken ownership of the problem and has fixed their computer. I can only hope that HP will do the same for me. Please help. 

HP Recommended

@Weso18

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.