Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

My touchpad mouse is not working any more, and a yellow light appeared. What are happening? What can I do to turn it on?

Hp Probook 6460 b, [edited], Prosessor Intel(R) Core (TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the TouchPad ( ie where the yellow led is ) and this is usually the wethod to toggle the pad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

47 REPLIES 47
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try double-tapping the top left corner of the TouchPad ( ie where the yellow led is ) and this is usually the wethod to toggle the pad On/Off.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

Yesss! The light is gone,and the mouse is working again! Thanks a lot!!

I was imagining working with a laptop only with an external mouse - what a drag!

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome and good to hear it's working :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

hi

HP Recommended

Wow, this problem would come and go for me, to the point I thought I was crazy.  At one point I did think it might be a toggle on/off but I never knew where I click or tap to make this happen:-)   Thanks, Beverly60

HP Recommended

Thanks to you for helping me so quickly.  I work for HP and I just got a new laptop for work and of course in the middle of remote monitoring the led lights up...thanks and I did give kudos!!!

HP Recommended

I had red light appear twice....and now the touch pad does not work at all.  I am using a USB mouse which works now and then (Windows 7).

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello Ispearnak,

I see that you are having problems with the touch-pad on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

How long have you been having this problem?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended
Wow really CƠ̴̴̴̴̴͡Ơ̴̴̴̴̴͡l never would ve tot I could just hit on d lite twice. Mouse up nd doin nw. Tanks ppl
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.