Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just bought myself a refurbished HP EliteBook 840 G1. Now I see in the HPSA that I have to do some updates. 

See print screen below:

prtint screen updates HPSA.png

A few questions:

- Is it to recommend to do all these updates?

- About the one below, the update for the Intel Bluetooth Driver: where do I find the old package and how do I remove it ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can go ahead and update it.

Coincidentally, I had the same Intel bluetooth driver update show up on my little HP Stream 11 Pro G4 last night when I ran the support assistant.  My notebook has the Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter.

I followed my own guidance, looked in the programs menu, there was no Intel bluetooth software listed, only the driver like you have in your screenshot.

I did not uninstall the Intel bluetooth driver in the device manager.

I let the HPSA download and install the updated Intel bluetooth driver, and it worked just fine.

I don't have the new driver version in front of me to tell you, but the new version date (which I remembered, because it was Dec 31, 2018).

There used to be a large Intel bluetooth software package that used to be in the Programs menu, and that is what you needed to uninstall prior to updating with the new software and driver.

It looks like the new package only installs a driver and no big software file like it used to.

As far as all of the other updates...yes, I would let the HPSA install all of those too.

No special action should be necessary prior to installing the drivers.

I would restart the PC after all of the drivers have been updated though.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g1-notebook-pc/5405360/manuals

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-840-g1-notebook-pc/5405360

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g1-notebook-pc/5405360/document/c03961746

There are at least 43 pieces of software there.  A description of what it does, so you can judge before applying.

Like this...

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-840-g1-notebook-pc/5405360/s...

- Fixes an issue on a Miracast-enabled system which causes a blue screen event to occur after Connect is selected to play local video on the system.

etc etc.

But loosely yes apply them automatically.

HP Recommended

Hi

Easy to update, difficult to roll back.

Intel Bluetooth Driver (Windows 10)

20.60.0.4 Rev.G23.0 MBMay 24, 2018
Associated filesPrevious versions
VersionFile sizeRelease Date  
20.20.0.5 Rev.B27.0 MBDec 25, 2017 DetailsDownload
18.1.1525.1470 Rev.F20.0 MBMay 6, 2016 DetailsDownload
18.1.1539.2349 Rev.K19.7 MBDec 22, 2015 DetailsDownload
18.1.1525.1470 Rev.F20.0 MBJul 22, 2015 DetailsDownload
HP Recommended

Hi, @RogerMoore 

If the Intel bluetooth software & driver is already installed on your notebook, and you want to update it, you can uninstall the current version by going to the Windows control panel>Programs>uninstall a program.

Find the Intel bluetooth software, select uninstall, when the unistall is finished, restart the PC and install the latest version.

If you do not see an Intel bluetooth software entry there, then the bluetooth software is not installed and you can proceed with the update.

HP Recommended

Hello Paul_Tikkanen and Little Boy Blue,

First of all: thanks for your reply!

Hereby a screenshot from the Windows control panel>Programs:

printscreen programma's laptop.png

I can not find any Intel bluetooth software here.

But what I did find at: Settings>devices>bluetooth and other devices>more bluetooth settings, is:

printscreen stuurprogramma Intel Wireless Bluetooth.png

This (screenshot) is mostly Dutch... The Dutch word 'stuurprogramma' means driver (!)

So, is this Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) driver not a previous version of the Intel Bluetooth Driver I want to update? (see screenshot below):

printscreen updates HPSA.png

And is it to recommend to do all these update as shown in the screenshot above?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Yes, you can go ahead and update it.

Coincidentally, I had the same Intel bluetooth driver update show up on my little HP Stream 11 Pro G4 last night when I ran the support assistant.  My notebook has the Intel 7265 AC wifi adapter.

I followed my own guidance, looked in the programs menu, there was no Intel bluetooth software listed, only the driver like you have in your screenshot.

I did not uninstall the Intel bluetooth driver in the device manager.

I let the HPSA download and install the updated Intel bluetooth driver, and it worked just fine.

I don't have the new driver version in front of me to tell you, but the new version date (which I remembered, because it was Dec 31, 2018).

There used to be a large Intel bluetooth software package that used to be in the Programs menu, and that is what you needed to uninstall prior to updating with the new software and driver.

It looks like the new package only installs a driver and no big software file like it used to.

As far as all of the other updates...yes, I would let the HPSA install all of those too.

No special action should be necessary prior to installing the drivers.

I would restart the PC after all of the drivers have been updated though.

HP Recommended

Prego.

HP Recommended

Problem solved! Thank you Paul_Tikkanen !

HP Recommended

Problem solved.

Thanks Lil_Boy_Blue !

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.