Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
15s-fq1012tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can i upgrade 8gb more RAM memory for my 15s-fq1012tu laptop? 

This laptop have 8GB Micron 3200MHz memory now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HP has been having problems with Service Manuals recently and there is none posted for your model but this youtube shows how to open it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCxreMGCGA

Look at about 5:20 in and see 2 memory slots, with one unused which is exactly what you will have. Uses DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM but will downclock to -2666 speed. Max memory is at least 32 gigs (2 x 16) and with the 10th gen processor it is likely to work with 64 gigs (2 x 32). 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

HP has been having problems with Service Manuals recently and there is none posted for your model but this youtube shows how to open it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiCxreMGCGA

Look at about 5:20 in and see 2 memory slots, with one unused which is exactly what you will have. Uses DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM but will downclock to -2666 speed. Max memory is at least 32 gigs (2 x 16) and with the 10th gen processor it is likely to work with 64 gigs (2 x 32). 

Post back with any more questions and please accept as solution if this is the info you needed. 

HP Recommended

Do you know is Micron 3200mhz mta4atf1g64hz-3g2e1 compatible with this laptop?

HP Recommended

Not officially but users have reported success with 32 gig modules on 10th gen Intel Core models. Hard to understand needing 64 gigs of RAM when we are sure 32 will work. 

HP Recommended

No i mean 8gb module.

I just get one what i order and i think this look different than in video so just ask before i bring my laptop to shop and pay they opening my laptop. IMG_1941.jpg

HP Recommended

The 8gb of that memory will work fine, yes.

HP Recommended

In video the module looks longer and narrower than this module but maybe my eyes lying? 

HP Recommended

Never mind now picture work

HP Recommended

Just want to warning this ram module is not compatible with this laptop just heard from shop where i bring my laptop.

Now shop order ram module what is compatible.

HP Recommended

I think maybe they maybe just want to sell you something. No reason that module will not work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.