Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended

Well the good news is it appears that on the latest version of Windows 10, 1809, the HP 2.1.8.1 update is NOT there anymore.  It might suggest as has previously been said that this update has not yet been tested for the latest 1809 update.  I did force an update and nothing came through and then in device manager checked the version that I currently have and it is still shows 2.1.7.1.  At the moment I am tempted to keep it as I am not now sure if version 2.1.8.1 might still need some work done on it in order to be compatible with the latest 1809 version of Windows 10. It might be worth rolling back to 2.1.7.1 until the correct update comes though.

HP Recommended

Melbguy1

Finally I found out why the "Airplane mode button" does not work the problem of "AVG PC TuneUp" I think this program has disabled the service for the "Flight mode button"

now "Flight mode button" its working

HP Recommended

YES!!!! Like every 15 minutes I'm dropping the connection! And I'm using an ethernet ccable! 

HP Recommended

There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later.

HP Inc. - HIDClass - 10/30/2018 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.8.1 - Error 0x800703e3

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen might be able to help out here.

Paul, I see you have been succesfully solving the same questions here. Could you come to the rescue?

:OpenSmile: Thanks!

I work for HP, supporting HP experts and trying to help this community as much as I can.
HP Recommended

Hi, @WendyS

Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can think of other than what I had already suggested in those posts.

Run the hide Windows Update utility to prevent the update from installing.

The latest WB driver I could find on any HP notebook's support page is this one...

2.1.7.1     Nov 5, 2018

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp92501-93000/sp92505.exe

HP Recommended

I used HP Pavilion GN 7

Thanks for sloved problems

HP Recommended

Thank you bro, I was having this issue with my laptp yesterday and today I fixed it thanks to you. You are awesome :Sunglasses:

HP Recommended

Any link for the x64 version of

HP Wireless Button driver v2.1.10.1

&

HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor [3D Driver Guard] 7.0.7.1?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.