Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
hp spectre
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hey

i bought the HP spectre and i cant figure out how to disable the keyboard and mouse when i am in tablet mode.help!

Thank you,

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@samvivi,

Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums.  So that I can provide you with the best possible support please post back with your Full Model and Product Number.

Before posting back please check out this link as well.

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

Please post back when you have a chance so that I can provide you with the link to your user guide.

Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Same question, HP spectre 360 i5 intel £799 

HP Recommended

@onemountain@samvivi,

Hi and thanks for posting back.  Here is the link to your systems support page.  It contains all support items that you will need.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4013dx (ENERGY STAR) - Manuals

Thanks again for posting and have a great day.

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

D5GR
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Reviving this thread, has anyone solved this problem? I checked the user manuals posted, and do not see a solution in them.

I have a Spectre 360 model 13-4006dx.

HP Recommended

RTFM is not actually a solution. Especially as the solution isn't in the manual referenced. Nor is it in the manaul for the HP Pavilion x360 - 13-s192nr. So, please. enlighten us.

HP Recommended

Solution has been found. Please ensure you are running the lastest BIOS on your respective device and the most current version of Windows 10. Once you have done that, while you have the unit in it's normal Desktop configuration and upon enabling Tablet Mode from Start/Settings/System/Tablet mode the machine will automatically disable input on both devices. (Keyboard and touchpad)

HP Recommended

Doesn't work for me on my Spectre x360 -13 - 4005dx: all HP and Microsoft (Windows 10) updates have been installed, but my keyboard and touchpad are not disabled in tablet mode. Nor does my laptop automatically switch into tablet from desktop mode when I fully fold it, or even ask me if I want to switch, despite my configuration of the control panel. to the contrary. And there is no setting anywhere visible through which I might try to cause auto-rotation of my screen's display orientation, much less to lock that orientation.

In my device manager I can see no evidence of the sensors that might be required to trigger these events, either.

HP Recommended

@D5GR any suggestions? Having the same problem on my Spectre x360. The disable function has worked in the past, so what has happened? Not doubt something due to Synaptics updates.

HP Recommended

I finally called HP, and after troubleshooting online, they referred it as a warrenty issue. They sent me a box and packaging so I can return the PC. I never did; Last time I sent this PC in for warranty, it took them two weeks to fix (delays, they said, due to part inavailblity) My pc is critical for work, and I really can't afford to send it off for repair and have it gone for over a week again. Currently I'm just living with the issue. But...If you can't solve, try calling the HP help line-maybe a hardware issue covered by your warranty.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.