Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP BS-145TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Community,

I have installed the HPSA on my BS-145TU notebook. I have received a BIOS update notification for my notebook and on checking with the HP website it seems that the update version that has been pushed (F.51) is not listed on the website. Instead the version that i am currently on (F.42) is listed there. Please suggest if I should proceed with this update. A friend of mine with the same model did it and his notebook got bricked.HPSA update notificationWebsite BIOS infoWebsite BIOS info

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DevB91 

Do not install it for now. I have seen several posters with same F.42  BIOS  listed on support page and were pushed another version by HP SA. It was F.54 not F51. Those owners all ended up with a no-boot laptop. Can you confirm if HP SA is offering you F.51 or F.54?

I am trying to find out more about this.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

@DevB91 

Do not install it for now. I have seen several posters with same F.42  BIOS  listed on support page and were pushed another version by HP SA. It was F.54 not F51. Those owners all ended up with a no-boot laptop. Can you confirm if HP SA is offering you F.51 or F.54?

I am trying to find out more about this.

HP Recommended

@CherylG

I have received a notification for F.51. Its registered with the softpaq number sp93384. This is quite odd considering HP. How is HP pushing this update if it isn't even listed on the website?

A lot of users may actually end up bricking their device as they would trust the update to be coming from HPhpsa.PNG

HP Recommended

That is what I am trying to find out. Not sure why HP SA is pushing wrong update. If you look at the html file for the one pushed to you it isn't for your model.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93384.html

HP Recommended

This is very strange. This update is meant for a different series of a laptop. Thank You Cheryl for shedding light on this. Is there any way HP can be informed of this?

For anyone reading this post: Please do not install the BIOS update F.51 with softpaq number sp93384 as it will brick your laptop. It is not meant for this model of the model.PNGlaptop

HP Recommended

I agree it is very strange. I have reported it to my contacts within HP- but it is a weekend so probably no word until Monday. I had reported the other laptops last evening. All are in the same series as your laptop 15 BSxxx-all owners let HP SA update BIOS and ended up with a brick.

However, I wasn't able to get as much info from them as I have from you such as SP number since they posted after the fact and could not get into laptop. Thanks for the additional info and warn anyone you know with a 15  BSxxx series.

You can also try to inform HP call center if you can get through:

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

HP Recommended

I see. Hopefully now that you have passed on the messag to HP, they will do the needful and pull this BIOS update for the HP BSxxx series. Thanks again Cheryl for your time and effort.

HP Recommended

I installed it

HP Recommended

@Moonlande 

What were your results?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.