Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit)
I have an Hp stream 11 laptop and I was going to use it this morning I never turn it off I just close it and when I opened it the screen is black the power button is on everything else is ok except the screen and i just got the screen replaced and it was working fine and now idk what happened and I'm scared that I have to replace it again. Please can anybody tell me what to do
25 REPLIES 25
HP Recommended

Hi @Marisol96 ,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I hope you enjoy your experience with us.

I saw your post regarding the problem with the Steam 11 going to a black screen. Do you recall what you have your notebook set to do when you close the lid? (Sleep or Hibernate) What happens if you connect it to an external monitor can you see anything?  Does the Num or Caps Lock lights blink at all?  If so, how often?

What is your product number? There are a number of Stream 11s and I just want to know what we are working with.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue.. my power button is flashing no screen is visible besides the mouse button. And I had selected my computer to shut down not go to sleep prior to closing the screen. Please help immediately. 

HP Recommended

Hi @dereksmommy ,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I saw your post regarding the problems with the black screen with cursor. Are you using Windows 8 or 8.1? What is your product number? Is it only the power button flashing or does the Num or Caps Lock buttons blink?

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
My laptop is having the same issue, I didn't turn it off last night and I woke up this morning and opened it up and it has a black screen and the power button's light is on but it won't turn off or anything I can't get any response from it, please help! I've only had it for like 3 weeks

HP Recommended
Same issue. Just bought Stream last Thursday. Shut it down last night, just like always had, but just a black screen today.
HP Recommended

Hi @Proximate and @a1godyhwh ,

I see that you are both getting black screens as well. @Proximate, if you can see the display on the TV then we know it is a hardware issue with the display screen or its connecting cables. a1godyhwh, you could be having the same issue but you would need to connect to another computer or TV to confirm this. Either way, I would recommend that that you give us a call regarding a repair. You can reach HP Total Care by filling out the Contact HP Form. That will then give you a number to call and a case number to go with it.

Thank you,

BHK6

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

My stream 11 windows 8.1 was on and plugged in charging and I unplugged it to use, hit enter to bring it back up and nothing. The power switch is lit up and flashing and that's it. Can't get it to do anything. Please help. This is a laptop and not very old.

HP Recommended
I have an hp stream 11. I shut the screen last night and now the power light is on but the screen is not. Ive tried holding the power button to turn it off and it does not work. Ive tried the troubleshooting page and everything has failed. My question is. How can you run commands on a computer that wont turn on? And how can you remove a sealed battery?
HP Recommended
I am having the same issue. My power button is on but the screen is black. Before this happened, I noticed my keyboard was not working so I restarted it, but then the screen stayed on the blue restarting screen for 10 minutes. Then it went black. What can be done?
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.