Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Laptop 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello community, I have a horrible purple tint while using my webcam and i can't seem to find the area for the setting to remove or change the IR lighting.  The HP support has instructed me to go to the following area to fix this issue, but it is not there. 

Start >All Programs>HP>HP MediaSmart>HP MediaSmart Webcam.

Please Help!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@RozzieB The following steps should help resolve the issue, once and for all:

• Make sure your video recording environment has good lighting.

• Change the image quality, brightness, contrast, and other adjustments in the webcam software.

To resolve problems with choppy playback, take the following actions:

• Reduce the size of the video image in the webcam software.

• Use a high-speed Internet connection.

• Do not use other high-speed USB devices while using the webcam.

To troubleshoot other video quality problems, refer to one of the following HP support documents:

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Going into the camera it doesn't have those options. I can't seem to get to the software or don't know where the software is. 

HP Recommended

@RozzieB Find and use the webcam software that came with your computer

If your computer came with a built-in webcam, you can use the Camera app to record and share webcam video. The Camera app comes preinstalled on Windows 10 computers. It is also available to download for free in the Windows Store for Windows 10 and Windows 8.

In the search box on the taskbar, search for and open Camera.

Click 'Camera' in the search results

• If you can see an image, then you are finished. Your webcam is working.

• If you cannot see an image in the main display window, restart the computer, and then try again. 

Keep me posted,

And good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same issue and there are no color settings for the camera. Is there somewhere else to look?

HP Recommended

@rovergirl Did you go through the steps suggested to the OP? If yes, perhaps, you should let us know about the software you are using to access the camera? which software is it? and when was the last time it worked without this issue? Also, have you checked with an alternate software? 

And does the video recording work fine? or does that have an issue as well?

Also, Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So on my laptop, to get to the camera, I use the camera App, through windows 10; my laptop is: 

Product name : HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-bp1xx

Product number : 1KS76UA#ABA

Running Windows 10. There are no settings to turn off the IR camera or to change the colors.  The last time I tried the camera was when I purchased the laptop 2 years ago.  Now with Covid and working from home I am using it and found that I am now purple.  I am not happy that I paid a good amount of money for this laptop and I have terrible video quality. 

I have downloaded Cyberlink youcam and I have the same luck, purple hue.  I have also downloaded the latest drivers with no luck.

HP Recommended

@rovergirl You may want to test the cam using the steps mentioned here, and if nothing works, I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too..

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.