Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Envy dv7 Notebook PC. It recently just downloaded the new HP Assistant and I wanted to adjust the brightness because it was too bright for the dark room I was in. I tried using the F2 and F3 keys to lower the brightness and I tried to adjust it from settings and control panal but the brightness doesn't adjust when I move it up or down. I tried shutting down my computer and restarting it but I still can't adjust the brightness. Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@missrodgers92 wrote:

I'm using Windows 8 and my product number is C2N67UA#ABA

Hello again!

Try reinstalling your notebook's graphics driver.  Here is a link.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.  🙂

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hello missrodgers92.

What version of Windows are you using?

What is the product number for your notebook?  This document can show you where it is located.

Have a great day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@missrodgers92 wrote:

Hello again!

Try reinstalling your notebook's graphics driver.  Here is a link.

Let me know the result and have a wonderful day.  🙂

HP Recommended

It worked! Thank you!:smileyvery-happy:

HP Recommended

@missrodgers92 wrote:

It worked! Thank you!:smileyvery-happy:

You're very welcome!  I'm glad to hear this resolved your problem.

Have a wonderful rest of the week.

HP Recommended

same is the problem with me, upgraded to windows 8 now unable to change brightness ...my product key is b4p24pa#acj

HP Recommended

Hi diezel. Your notebook has either AMD or Intel graphics. AttackofZaq's suggestion of a driver reinstall is a good idea.

Here is a link to the driver page. Just scroll down to 'Driver - Graphics (2)' and download and reinstall the drivers for your graphics adapter.
HP ENVY 6-1002tx Notebook PC Drivers:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4132&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5264...

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

I got the same problem. my product no. is e9j25ea#abv

Thank You..

HP Recommended

I use a HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC, Windows 8. product no. e9j25ea#abv. I have the same problem and i also cannot accsess 'Configure between switchable graphics' option in desktop.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.