Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-26-2022 09:48 AM
HP ENVY x2 - 13-j002dx
- Windows 10 home
- Version 2004
- Installed 12/4/2020
- OS build 19041.630
- Windows feature experience pack 120.2212.31.0
My issue is that I can't use Windows Update to get latest software for my laptop.
When the system connects to the Wi-Fi network, the Internet connection icon is a Globe. Under the Network name it says "No Internet, Secured". But in reality the PC has connected to the network and I have access from any of my applications and everything works fine with no issues, EXCEPT when trying to download Windows Software Updates. Windows Update must request status of the internet connection before it actually tries to use the network and it fails because it has been told that their is no Internet connection.
- I have downloaded the latest Wi-Fi driver and that didn't help.
- I have tried multiple other "fixes" from the Microsoft web page that didn't help
- I purchased a USB-to-Ethernet adapter and I had internet access, but I still had a globe icon displayed.
- My HP desktop system does not have this issue.
Is there someway I can get Windows to realize that the internet is actually there and available?
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-26-2022 10:39 AM
Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.
Let me check your current system configuration.
(1) Run msinfo32
- Select <System Summary>:
--->>> Copy/paste following key/value pairs:
System SKU ( equals HP product number (p/n) )
(2) Start Windows <Device Manager>
- Expand <Network adapters>
--->>> Send screenshot
(3) Please report your results
09-26-2022 11:15 AM
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
System Model: HP Envy x360 Convertible 15-dslxxx
System SKU: 1G132UA#ABA
Processor: AMD Rysen 5 4500U with Radeon Graphics, 2375 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date: AMI F.05, 7/6/2020
I have to go to work. I will be available all day tomorrow.
Thank you for your help.
09-26-2022 11:29 AM
(1) Create Windows system <restore point>
(2) Download and install BIOS Update
HP Notebook System BIOS Update
|F.07 Rev.A||11.8 MB||Apr 6, 2021||Download|
Why should you install the update ?
Updating the BIOS is recommended as standard maintenance of the computer. It can also help resolve the following issues:
(4) Let BIOS be installed until it's completely done !
(5) Visit --->>> Intel Wi-Fi Site
- Download and install WiFi-22.160.0-Driver64-Win10-Win11.exe driver
(6) Reboot Windows
(7) Test your notebook
(8) Please report your results
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community