Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Man, you are the best :-). Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Can someone clarify if this works with switchable graphics? Can i set it to fixed mode by installing windows 7 and beta drivers? Because my laptop only has dynamics, and it's so poor. I want to install windows 7 instead of windows 8 if it is possible to switch to fixed mode then. my laptop is g7 series (g7-2353so)

HP Recommended

how about windows 8.1 ?

where can i find the graphics driver for windows 8.1 ?

HP Recommended

Hi guys,

For drivers that are need for AMD. I have included the link to 'AMD Graphics Drivers and Software'. All you need to do is on the step one drop down select notebook or desktop, and then step two select Auto Detect and Install. This will find out if there are any drivers available.

The other option is to check 'HP's Drivers and Download' page. For this enter your product name or number, and select go. Then select your operating system, and look for the available drivers.

If the drivers are not available at either of these sites. I have included the following document 'What if I Don't See My Operating System?', and this will answer questions that you may have.

Please let me know if this works for you, thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Hi Pietro

I need your advice about video controller for my  Laptop

I have HP Pavilion 14-e015TX W7 32bit

I have try your step to instal the video controller but still doesn't work on my Laptop

I don't know why. Maybe I haven't do it correctly.

May you help me?

HP Recommended

Hi:

My Laptop is Pavilion 14-e015TX W7 32bit, i still didn't found video controller driver for this laptop, i have tried this link http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/Hp-pavilion-15-e055sx-video-controller-driver/m-p/307... , but still doesn't work.

May you help me Lis?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I managed to instal all the drivers, but whatever I try I can't install the ATI graphic.  Where did you find the beta driver? When I take the one from the AMD it states that there is no a hardware for such a driver on my system. Someone on this thread states I should first instal Intel HD4000 drivers. Is that true??

HP Recommended

Got an HP Pavilion 17-e001sl that I must absolutely downgrade to Windows 7 x64. Full specs here:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03876850

Installed the Intel HD4000 driver first (tried both the one that came preinstalled under Windows 8 x64 and the latest one from Windows Update), .NET Framework 4.5, then the latest AMD Beta driver (direct link: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav8.exe).

I can get the Intel 4000 to work fine, but the 8670M always shows a yellow exclamation mark and reports that "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)". Obviously, switchable graphics isn't working either.

I have read this thread thoroughly, but either I am unadvertently missing something or more likely the procedure is not valid for each and every laptop out there. So I'm asking those who had success: can you link to the exact driver you have used under Windows 7 x64?

HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

You seem to be really informed about this subject.

I bought an HP Pavilion 15-e055st this year it's only been 1.5 months and my graphics driver or card is giving me problems. A few days ago HP Support Assistant told me that I had a BIOS update. HP itself tells the users to use HP Support Assistant to update important stuff like BIOS itself. So I did the update and after that my AMD Radeon HD 8670M Graphics card stops working whenever I try to run a game. For example Skyrim, the game loads real nice then it stops in the main menu, black screen comes on then it sends me back to the desktop and i have to use the task manager to close the game.

I tried to return my graphics driver from the device manager, didn't solve the problem. I tried to update it from the same place, didn't work. I tried to install the updates I found on AMD's website. DIDN'T WORK. I don't know what caused the problem but it sure did upset me... Everything was just fine before that BIOS update came along. I mean when I first tried to play a game it was the smoothest gameplay I ever had. Then this BIOS update messed it all up. Now I can't even run a game to play. Skyrim doesn't work, Ghost Recon Future Soldier doesn't work, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 doesn't work....

Please I can do anything, just tell me the ways you know on how to solve this problem I'm having. I don't want to give this laptop back and get a new one. That would be a problem considering how my parents would react to it.. I want to solve this problem on my own if possible at all. If NOT then I'll go and return this laptop to where I bought it.

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

Hi:

I wish I could help you, but I don't have any other ideas from what you have already tried.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.