Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 6970

My 6970 printer is basically a boat anchor.  It won't print with empty cyan cartridge, and I can't get one even from HP.  They have ignored the hundreds of posts on this forum so far and apparently have no plans to fix the issue for us and get replacement cartridges available any time soon.  Rest assured that I will be going out to buy an Epson or Canon soon.  

It makes matters worse that you can't even chat or talk to customer support.  Only get the worthless Virtual Agent that ends up telling me that the cartridge is out of stock.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have a somewhat different problem. I had an almost full cyan cartridge that would not print. Magenta and yellow printed just fine.  After trying the virtual assistant trouble shooting, I replaced it with a new HP cyan cartridge that is still under warranty.  And again went through virtual assistant and troubleshooting (uninstalled and reinstalled printer drivers).  Still will not print blue.  I get color copies but color is wrong due to no cyan tones.

HP Recommended

Can you print in greyscale?  

HP Recommended

Haven't found that setting yet, but 6 months with absolutely NO cartridges being produced is ridiculous. My last purchase says that the Cyan is incompatible yet all of the others are ok.  That won't let me print anything.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.