Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I found this how to video on how to downgrade the firmware. I downgraded to the 20200612 version.

Youtube: [content removed]-- you need to be connected with USB and 'allow updates'. Once your downgrade is complete then disable 'allow updates'.

Firmware: [content removed]

It worked for me. (After a lot of headache and a few hours of research!!!)

HP Recommended

I had this issue on December 22, 2020.  I had clicked the firmware update, and my non HP cartridges stopped working, they were working just fine until I updated the software.  MY SOLUTION.  I went to HP web site and downloaded my DEVICE new installation software from the earliest date I could find.  I then installed as if I was had just purchased my printer.  and to my surprise the non HP printer toner cartridges work.  I am using a HP COLOR LASERJET M 254dw  software date was March 2020 for that model.

HP Recommended

Hi Gary Farrell, i DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO SEND AN EMAIL TO YOU.

paul @ super spa--er whole--le . -om

Thank you Paul Super Spanner Wholesale

HP Recommended

My issue are new cartridges and error comes up, this is 12 cartridges i have now bought and 8 started to work and then stopped very quickly, the other 4 haven't even started to work and only had them today. There was a link to repair but now has been removed and i have a printer that is 18 months old and cannot use it for my business.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.