Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
MFP M477fnw
macOS 10.12 Sierra

Hi,

I am having a major issue! I've changed nothing at all about my computer, printer, etc., but all of a sudden my color laserjet pro MFP M177fw won't print! It says that it's printing, and things in the queue, but that's it. Nothing happens. 

If I print a test page from the printer itself it'll print, but my computer can't do it. The wireless is working fine, and I ran a diagnostic test and it said everything passed. I ran the troubleshooter from my computer and it said it there were no detectable problems. 

Please help. 

Thanks 

Heather 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Uninstall and reinstall with the latest software from http://support.hp.com for your OS.  That should repair any connections that have broken.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Uninstall and reinstall with the latest software from http://support.hp.com for your OS.  That should repair any connections that have broken.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

On Wednesday we printed a few things without problem.  This morning, I copied 12 pages.  Tried to print, but sounded as something was jammed.  3 Pages were jammed in the printer.  We removed the papers that were jammed.  Now it will not print.  It was suggested to uninstall and reinstall with the latest software from support for your OS.  I have no idea what that means and how to do it.

HP Recommended

Please start your own thread and invite me to it by tagging me with @John_Getzke.

Your issue is not related to the one mentioned in this thread.  I can assist you further from there.

HP Recommended

I had same problem:  Printer working fine, then suddenly it won't print.  It will print test pages and scans just fine.  I tried uninstalling it, however the uninstall software didn't work.  I tried downloading new drivers without uninstalling the old driver, and no change.  Any suggestions?

HP Recommended

Did that. Didn't help.

HP Recommended

@John_Getzke. PLEASE HELP. I've redownloaded printer drivers/ firmware to no avail. I've updated Adobe reader. No help. NONE OF THESE WORKS. I can print just fine from MS Word documents, but no PDF document or Hallmark cards will print. Worked fine a few weeks ago.

HP Recommended

Please start your own thread and tag me as the others have done here.

This thread is already solved and belongs to someone else.  

HP Recommended

I have had to do this process multiple times and at the least convenient times it occurs again without warning. Why does this keep happening? Sometimes it doesn't work until multiple tries.

HP Recommended

I can't get my printer to install

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.