Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP office jet pro 6968

A couple days ago the  printer stopped working. I thought that it was because I haven't cleaned it, so I cleaned it. Now the colored inks are working but the black ink still no working. Please help me.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Julio07 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the black ink is not working.

Please let us know if you are using HP genuine ink cartridges.

Have you tried to replace the black ink cartridge and checked?

Perform the hard reset and check.

Turn the printer on, if it is not already on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue. 

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer. 

Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet. 

Wait at least 60 seconds. 

Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet. 

Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer. 

Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on. 

Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed 

Please refre to the below link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-6960-all-in-one-printer-series/8289579/model/1...

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I did all of the recomended things in this post my black inc does not work. It Workspace fine befors and suddenly it just stoppade can you send a new black inc to me please 

HP Recommended

@Atti8305

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!! 

HP Recommended

I am ripping my hair out here, I have done everything you have suggested on this tread and other threads, nothing is fixing this issue, please can someone help?

HP Recommended

@Biker24

I would suggest you try the Windows built-in drivers. Follow the steps below: 

  

•    Go to Control Panel - Devices and printers - Click on "Add printer" and follow the on-screen instructions. 

•    When the page prompts for the drivers, select "Windows update". The driver list will be updated. 

•    Click HP, Hewlett Packard, or Hewlett-Packard in the Manufacturer pane, and then click the name of your printer in the Printers pane. 

  

Refer to this document HP Printers - Installing and Using the Windows Built-in Print Driver for help 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, I have done all you have suggested. Still no black printing. This machine is 6 months old. I am disgusted at the help available re this issue. It is clear it is happening to lots of people here!!

HP Recommended

@Biker24 

In that case, I would suggets you conatct our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I have dumped the printer. What a shambles HP customer services is.. geee never again!

HP Recommended

@Biker24

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information.

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.