Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp f2480
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have cartridges with ink in them but it's printing blank pages or just blurred lines.  I've tried all the steps on HP doctor but no success. I cleaned the print heads with a cotton bud. Not sure if that was the right thing to do. But still no success. It's an old printer but this semms solvable. any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@yoseliani53

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I understand that your printer is printing blank pages, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Are you able to make copies from the printer? 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. No. Copies come out blank too .  Also, I've noticed the ink in the cartridges is going down even when the pages are blank. I've tried everything. I cleaned the printer heads with cotton buds. Not sure if that was a good idea.  Maybe there's a problem with the cartridges. I should say that I didn't use the printer for about 3 months. Could that have something to do with it?

HP Recommended

@yoseliani53

Thank you for posting back.

• Have you tried updating the printer firmware? Click here to update the firmware on an HP printer.

If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.  Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ 

Hope this helps!              
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

There is no firmware software for my printer, It's an F2480 model.

HP Recommended

@yoseliani53

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's set up your printer using the printer drivers that come built into Windows. install using Using the Windows Built-in Print DriverClick here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.