1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Admin access to EWS on MFP 178nw

HP Recommended
MFP 178nw

Hi!

I've just taken delivery of an MFP 178nw, to replace its Samsung C430W older sibling. I wan't to get into the EWS (nee Syncthru), and can get to the basic screen but cannot log in to activate advanced settings. The manuals, when you find them, state the login credentials "out of the box" as ID:admin, Password:<null>. This doesn't work, and neither does any obvious variant of it (capital As, password-as-ID, etc). I have not been able to get in the first time, and so have not changed the password from the factory set value.

Does anyone know whether the security credentials fore the EWS have recently been changed - so that the manual details are no longer valid? Do you know what I can try?

And, can anyone confirm whether there is an "incorrect entry lockout timer", the is running when I make multiple wrong attempts?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Level 17
Level 17
30,452 30,170 5,214 12,073
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @richaney 

Please follow the steps listed on the following technical knowledge article I've created on this matter:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laser-Printers-locate-EWS-Administrator-Pas...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Tags (1)
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation