Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Agreed, what is really annoying is the printer goes offline at the "failed message" and wont print documents sent to it. Following reply of "OK" to the "failed message" then sends the printer through the start up process where it recalibrates ink and alignment. Its a real pain. 

HP please fix this issue or communicate to us about what is being done about it. Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Raj2111, you can see from the growing number of comments on this thread that there is a serious issue with this latest firmware update. The content of the messages on this thread are all very similar in that the firmware update fails via any of the methods suggested in the update documents.

PLEASE provide the group with the latest status for this issue and what steps are being taken to resolve it. Thank you  

HP Recommended

Enough is enough, I've been getting these error messages now for at least 5 days, I'm now switching my printer off to protect it from screen burn.

HP   -  Please advise via this thread once you've resolved it - thanks.

HP Recommended

Yes, I have tried support services and got a robot and then eventually hung up. Can Hp take this and fix it soon as so many here are experiencing the same problem? So seems to be at the HP end and our printer's end.

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem as all of the above. HP PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

NOTHING SUGGESTED HERE IS HELPING AND IT IS JUST WASTING ALL OUR TIME

HP Recommended

Same problem for me, it's been going on for a few days now. Having to switch the printer off when not using it as it keeps trying to download an update which is already installed, not ideal when subscribing to Instant Ink.

Hp really need to sort this or a lot of people will be looking for alternative manufactures for their printers in the future.

HP Recommended

I have also had this issue for over a week now, been patiently waiting for HP to actually fix this mess, every time i need to print something i have to turn the printer off and back on again and hope i can print in time before it locks up with this "update".

Definitely agree with others in the thread that this is a wider spread issue and needs to be looked at as such.

Sat paying for electricity to power a device with limited capability and also paying for HP Instant Ink to boot!

HP Recommended

Already tried everything on the list you provided from Googling before resorting to posting here, as i'm sure have other people in the thread. I seriously doubt contacting HP and going through a complete rigmarole of tasks similar to what i've already done, HP needs to take stock of this situation and issue a fix!

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I have literally tried most of these things and I think that because many other people are experiencing the same issue means it is at the HP sever end and not at the user end. I feel that HP need to fix this as something has happened to cause this at their download servers that issue the firmware updates.

HP Recommended

1: Already done, multiple times.

2: yes my internet is working and, when it's not trying to update, I can print so the printers wifi is also fine.

3: Tried that, it was suggested already. It says that the printer is already up todate.

4: There is no cache clear option I could find. Reset the factory defaults done. Which is a huge pain and means I have to re add the printer to all my devices.

5: The HP Smart app is terrible., There was no update option and in trying to remove and re-add the single printer it now thinks there are 145 printers on my network. Oh wait I restarted the printer again and it's now 433... 
And now not it's not launching so that's me not able to scan anymore.

6: Call support.  I'd rather buy a something else to be honest.

This is clearly not a single user issue.  There is either a fault in the previous firmware, in which case update it and let me manually install it from my computer. Or there is a problem on the HP end of the service.

I can't fix either of those, but I can buy a different printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.