Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

As already mentioned in one of my previous posts, there are indeed possibilities to continue working with the old HP printer like my Officejet 5610: HP Scan Extended, HP Scan and Capture, etc. can still be used for printing, scanning, etc., what has been done formerly via the HP Solution Center.

Now I have found how to get info about the status of the printer's ink cartridges, what in the past has been possible for my Officejet 5610 only by starting the HP Solution Center (that doesn't work anymore), and then selecting the Toolbox:

Simply directly call the Toolbox executable "hpqtbx01.exe", with the printer's friendly name as parameter, e.g.:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtbx01.exe" "HP Officejet 5600 series"

You can execute this command via cmd.exe, or you create a link on your desktop.

It works, even without Flash.

Have fun ...

Thomas

HP Recommended

Same here

HP Recommended

Remenber that all mentioned new scan tool, they just scan a PDF like a picture without any text recognition, the  "older" scan tool controlled via HP Solution Center had an integrated OCR wich allowed to perform all copy past operation of the scanned text document.

This was really great !

HP Recommended

I got my HP Solution Center working and here is what I did, I hope it works for you:

1. Download and run the Adobe Flash Uninstaller direct from Adobe here (instructions provided on this page how to fully remove Adobe Flash Player) - https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html#main_Download_the_Adobe_...
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Uninstalled adobe flash embedded in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. I have windows 10 64 bit version 1909. To determine this, go to system update history and look through your updates to see what version you have. Then go to the link to down the uninstaller for your version) -http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/search.aspx?q=4577586
  4. Down the update and it will uninstall adobe flash.
  5. Restart your computer
  6. Uninstall HP solution Center, make sure your printer is turned off and not connected to computer
  7. Restart Computer
  8. Reinstall HP solution Center, note you will have an older version of Flash but not flash player. Once installed check to make sure it is working.
  9. Create a restore point in case of future issues or accidental update.
HP Recommended

Me too!  Only can scan from ques on the printer.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much! The workaround using IrfanView for scanning saved me from trashing an old but perfectly good printer.

HP Recommended

When I opened the HP Solution Center after uninstalling and  posted and it seems everyone is having the same problem, HP have had 2 years ... to have Flash components already embedded into its code (likely done during ).

HP Recommended

Dear all,

Using other tools like the mentioned hpiscnapp.exe or IrfanView rather than the now not working HP Solution Center indeed do work well for scanning pictures, but you cannot make a scan of a document and safe it as "searchable pdf". That's why I prefer Solution Center.

Here is my simple solution to get HP Solution Center back on after the Flash-change of Jan. 12 2021.
I have a Windows 10 PC - 64 bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042.746.

- Restart the PC and login as Administrator.
- Uninstall (via setup.exe of the HP Printerdriver-package) just only the HP Solution Center. When done, restart the PC.
- Download the file KB4577586 via the Microsoft Update-catalogus (choose the right one for your PC, I choosed  

"windows10.0-kb4577586-x64_c9bb49df325c20ddc147137b3f769fa44d800dde.msu").
- When downloaded, doubleclick on this .msu to execute the file. Note that this file can only be executed one time and cannot

be uninstalled. Besides that, Adobe Flash Player can also not be re-installed unless you do a System Restore.

When done, check that the Adobe Flash entry has gone from the Control panel.
- Now, (again via setup.exe of the HP Printerdriver-package) re-install the HP Solution Center. When done, a restart it not

necessary, the Solution Center should work again now.

Hope you find this useful information.
Best reagrds,

Johan.

HP Recommended

Char99207 asked, "How could I possibly post a link to the file I used when that file is on a CD ROM not online?"

This might be the same thing:
https://geeksalive.com/install_flash_player_10_active_x.zip

Can you please compare the the contents of that .zip file, and see if it is the same as one that you used?

I tried to install it, but got errors:

---------------------------
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX Setup
Failed to install.
For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166

[OK]

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX Installer Information
Error 1722.There is a problem with this Windows
Installer package. A program run as part of the setup
did not finish as expected. Contact your support
personnel or package vendor. Action
NewCustomAction 1, location: ...\FP_AX_MSI_INSTA...

[OK]

I'm running Win10 Home 64-bit version 20H2, build 19042.746

Earlier today when I tried to run Solution Center  I got the big letter "f" and "circled i"    fⓘ 

How that I've uninstalled FlashPlayer, and removed the Macromed folders, and I uninstalled and reinstalled Solution Center, I get a different error:

"Solution Center has detected that you do not have the correct version of Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer installed."

I just spent 47 minutes in various hold queues at HP Support. From the first call to Support, I got transferred to a department which supports cloud services, then I got transferred to Printer support, then I got transferred to "HP Connected," and they transferred me to "Advanced Technical Support for Windows," which played a recording saying that they were closed, and hung up.  ☹️

HP Recommended

Hello,

amog all who tell they have / will / can install HP Solution Center from an HP package on Windows 10 higher than1909 could you please tell us which version or even the file name of the HP package that should be able to install ?

Since I have this package "PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_130_140.exe" and was perfectly  installable on windows 10 up to version 1909 and older, now it wont install at all, the installation menu just prompt an EXIT button, nothing more.

The only package able to be installed  now on W10, is "100_228_PS_AIO_02_Full_Net_ita_NB.exe" which should be supported just up to window vista.

Any hints ?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.