Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi community,

I just joined here because I'm an owner of an HP OfficeJet 5610 All-In-One-Printer, for which the HP Solution Center doesn't work anymore.

With the HP Scan Extended, HP Scan and Capture, and the HP Print and Scan Doctor I have found workarounds to be able to do my daily business, but there's one remaining issue: I can't see how much ink there is still available in the ink cartridges! There's a related option in the HP Print and Scan Doctor menu, but it always results in "empty print cartridges".

So what I need is a replacement of the ink cartridges status display that has formerly been available in the HP Solution Center.

Anybody out there who can help with this?

Thanks and best regards

Thomas from Weinstadt, Germany - winetowntom

HP Recommended

Try typing your printer's IP Address into the address bar of your browser.

You should see the printer's web interface with Ink cartridge levels installation dates, etc.

Then you can bookmark the page for easy access.

HP Recommended

I GOT MINE WORKING AGAIN!!

But my solution requires the use of the installation CD which came with the printer.  If you don't have that, this won't help you.

I figured there was probably an old version of Flash somewhere on some disc that I had stashed away, but I didn't know which one so I spent the better part of a day popping the various CD ROMs into the drive and looking at the file names. 

I FINALLY looked on the HP installation disc which I had saved from the dark ages when I first got the printer.  Since I had no clue what the file would be named, I used the search feature in the upper right corner of the Windows Explorer screen and searched for "flash".  There were 2 files with flash in the name.

I chose one named "install flash player 10 active x msi" which was dated 2009 (the date probably isn't important as long as it's before 2021).    I clicked on that and let it install flash.

And there it is!!  The solution center works just like it used to and I can scan and do everything again!!

I'll just have to be sure NOT to let the machine try to update to a newer version of flash.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I don't have the original installation disk but I do have the HP Officejet 5610 all-in-one printer. Maybe you could create a link to the "install flash player 10 active x msi" file so I could install the old flash.

HP Recommended

Share that installation file please.

Thank You

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, Babalouis! Unfortunately the OfficeJet 5610 is not a network printer, but only accessible via USB.

HP Recommended

So grateful for your pointer, Rmk4680. I have a CC4480 with W8.1 and RunAsDate has sorted it. With the shortcut created with that utility, Solution Center works as though nothing ever happened!

HP Recommended

How could I possibly post a link to the file I used when that file is on a CD ROM not online?

HP Recommended

I just want to remind everybody who is working hard to re-install or otherwise run Adobe Flash player that the reason why it is being discontinued is that it presents a real security risk to the user.  There are literally thousands of documented vulnerabilities in Flash, so much so that Adobe could no longer support it, and by using it you expose yourself to the likelihood of a security breach.  

By not making it available, Adobe is sending a message - don't use it.  It would be wise to work on using any of the other solutions listed here than one that still uses Flash.

HP Recommended

HP needs to get off their backsides and update the program for older printers, there are 100's of thousands of them still out there that people use. Adobe Flash needs to be removed and update needs to be posted for all HP printer users.

Hate to sound like the voice of doom, but failure for them to fix this issue will create a huge amount of unhappy customers who will seek all future equipment from other companies. It would be very unwise of them to allow their customer base to leave over this issue.

PS Adobe has the Flash kill and even if you have not removed it from your system. Flash will not work anymore.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.