Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

No worries,

I have connected the printer with the computer with the USB cable that was in the box when i bought the printer.

To be honest i cannot remember if the software was previously installed in Dutch or English,i tend to assume when its installed that it stays installed and is installed in the right way.

About the 'scan to computer' option i really dont know if it was there or not i normally when i needed to scan documents would put the letter on the printer and use the scan option on the printer and follow the steps required to scan the documents/letters.

I am so sorry for a pain and not more knowledgeable about this.

HP Recommended

HI @Francois2

No apologies needed. We try our best to help our customers.

We hope that using the USB cable and scanning using the HP Scan software works for you.

If you need a refresh standalone scan software, we'd recommend this one:

HP Scan Extended

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/scanners/HPScanExt/HPScanExt.msi

Once it's downloaded and installed, go to Start > All Programs > HP > HP Scan Extended > Run "HP Scan Extended"

For more scanning tips, click here.

Have a nice day!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Goodmorning Greenturtle,

I have downloaded the HP Scan Extended and installed and ran it like you suggested i even checked if the USB cable was correctly inserted in my coputer and printer.

I try to scan a letter by using the program hp scan extended and it starts and stops and a screen pops up and says 'no connection between computer and printer.

Is it maybe the IP adress we recently had a major power outage.

with greetings,

Francois2

HP Recommended

HI

If USB cable us used, then it shouldn't be affected by IP address since that is for network.

If it's starting and stopping, would suggest that you try to plug the USB cable into another port on the PC or use another  USB cable.

It does seem that there is a connection issue.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hiya,

Eureka

It was a broken USB socket on my motherboard.

Thank you very much for your time,patience,and expertise.

with kind regards

Francois2

HP Recommended

Hi @Francois2,

Glad to hear that your issue is resolved and all is working well now.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.