Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 e -N911a
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I had to reinsall Windows 7 (64 bit) and am trying to install the drivers.  I first tried the most recent driver but had an installation error, so then I tried the basic driver and the same error came up.  I have run a check disk and its not finding any issues to fix.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found the issue finally.  HP forces you to have your registry Program Files Directory set to your C: drive.  I changed the default after I re-installed windows because I don't want things going to my SSD.  This is a rediculous flaw in the HP software.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hey @dshane,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having some issues with installing your Officejet Pro 8600 e-All-in-One Printer on your Windows 7 PC. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, download and install the latest drivers by clicking on this link

If you get the same error message when using that link, download the drivers from Firefox or Chrome and let me know if you get the same error.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to resolve your issue, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have been using Chrome to download the drivers all along.  The printer is plugged into the wall directly, and not into the computer at all (I'll be using wifi to connect to the CPU).  I continue to get Error - 2147467259

HP Recommended

Do you have the same issue if you download the drivers using Internet Explorer or Firefox?

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Yes, I just tried Firefox and I receive the same error.

HP Recommended

If the installer is still crashing, that would mean there's an issue hidden within your operating system. To clear this out:

1. Click on Start, in your search bar type in cmd, and click enter.
  2. Type in "msiexec /unregister" (no quotes) and press enter.
  3. Type in "msiexec /regserver" (no quotes) and press enter.
  4. Click on Start and in your search bar type in msconfig and open msconfig.
  5. Click on the Services tab.
  6. Click on Hide All by Microsoft.
  7. Click on Disable All.
  8. Click on the Start Up tab.
  9. Click on Disable All.
  10. Click OK and restart your PC.

This should allow you to install the printer software. If it does, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, this is not working either.  I continue to get the same error.  I'm confused as to how this is happening as I just did a fresh install of Win 7.

HP Recommended

It's a setting or a process the installer is having an issue with. At this point your options would be:

Contact whoever provided you with your PC.

Contact Microsoft.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If needed, I can assist you more after that.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I found the issue finally.  HP forces you to have your registry Program Files Directory set to your C: drive.  I changed the default after I re-installed windows because I don't want things going to my SSD.  This is a rediculous flaw in the HP software.

HP Recommended

kindly help me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.