Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I cannot get my HPInkjet 2512 to connect to my Mac OS 11.1--the installation driver will not install--any ideas?  What solved your problem with Big Sur?

HP Recommended

Hi @SHERRI11 ,

Please follow HP Easy Start and collect the log file as listed in my previous post below, then send it to me via a private message:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Setup-Software-Drivers/Mac-OS-11-0-1-Big-Sur-Big-Problems/m-p/...

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

This is a reply to thank Baka Saru from SHERRI11--he emailed to me the solution which worked!  Thank you!  This is what he sent me:

Baka_Saru (Level 2) posted a new reply in Printer Setup, Software & Drivers on 12-15-2020 05:42 PM

Subject: Re: Mac OS 11.0.1 Big Sur, Big Problems

https://support.apple.com/en_GB/downloads/macos

HP Recommended

Thanks! 

I'm not sure what's going on with this?

Being a HP driver issue I wasn't expecting to find the driver installation package on Apples support website.

But there it is!

it must have been placed there by HP so why it's not available via their own support?

I can't be sure of this as I installed the driver package before updating to 14.1

My best guess is that HP messed up some how and the drivers weren't included in the initial release of Big Sur,

then realising their mistake it was rectified silently in the hope that people would just be happy when their printers

suddenly worked again after updating Big Sur to version 14.1 (which probably contains the drivers)

HP Recommended

Sherri,

Thanks for posting this. Curious--do you have the HP Deskjet 3055A? Installed driver but still can't scan from laptop. Only can do manually by going to Printers/Scanners in Syst Preferences. Is this the correct driver?

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 6.52.29 PM.png

HP Recommended

Screenshot didn't copy. ; (

Is this the driver you installed?

JudyfromLyon_0-1610044723622.png

HP Recommended

So the driver you are referring to on Apple's site is: HP Printer Drivers v5.1 for MAC OS from Dec 11, 2020?

This is to work with HP Deskjet 3050A for print and scan?

Also, What do you mean re. latest BIG SUR update 14.0? It's still only 11.0.1 based on website.

I've installed the above driver but still can't scan from my laptop. Have to do it manually thru System Preferences and Printer/Scan by opening up to scan.

Recommendations? Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.