Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended

I am trying to do a Factory Reset on my printer and the standard prescribed procedure of Holding Down the Wireless and Cancel button during powerup is not working completely.

The one item that does not get reset is:

IP Configured By     = Manual  ------------------- I want that back to DHCP or Automatic. Meanwhile the IP address HAS been reset to 0.0.0.0.  Hence I cannot get to the printer wirelessly at ALL.

I have tried holding the 2 buttons  as long as 30 seconds, I have unplugged the printer from the wall outlet,  Nothing seems to reset the IP Setting.

Is there any other way to reset this printer OR get to the IP Address setting via the USB connection.  I have also tried the HP Smart Utility and despite the printer being found it still does not allow me to get to the advanced settings if they would even help.

Jim

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi @JimW53,

I'd like to help!

We can perform a factory defaults on the printer to resolve the issue

• The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
  • I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended
  • What device are you using the printer with, a Windows computer, Mac, Android or an iPhone?

Meanwhile, try converting the USB setup to wireless, refer to the document -Changing from a USB to a Wireless Connection

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Try the below suggestions -

Step 1: Restart the computer

Restart the computer, and then try installing the software again. If the problem persists, continue to the next step.

Step 2: Make sure the print spooler service is running

The print spooler service temporarily stores files to be printed in a print queue until the printer is ready to process each print job. If the print spooler service is not running when you install the printer software, it can cause the software installer program to stop without an error message or warning.

1. Search Windows for view local services, and then click the View local services control panel setting in the list of results.

2. Scroll down to Print Spooler, and then make sure the print spooler status is Started.

• If the print spooler service is started, skip to the next step to install the printer software.

• If the print spooler is not started, continue with these steps.

3. Right-click Print Spooler, and then click Properties.

4. If the Startup type is set to Manual or Disabled, click the drop-down list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

5. Under Service status, click Start, and then click OK.

6. Restart the computer, and then continue to the next step.

Step 3: Install the printer software from this link

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Jay,

Still the same -- when I went to services the print spooler was showing as running vs your picture of Started so jut in case I stopped and re-started it. It returned to the status of Running.

Tried the download you pointed to and still had the same issue --- extracts and just disappears.  

FYI -- For reference I have tried this on three different windows 10 machines.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi,

Restoring the wireless settings can be done as following for the P1102w printer:

ShlomiL_0-1613068179368.png

Next, for the installation issue, please right click the Start button and select Run, paste the following and press OK to launch the installation:

C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Reference:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Knowledge-Base/HP-Laserjet-installation-won-t-start-on-Window...

Follow the steps on screen by selecting a wireless connection, you might be prompted to temporarily connect a USB cable.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Shlomi,

Thanks for the reply -- I have tried the reset process many many times all with no real success. 

I did use your suggestion to install the drives and that appeared to work. However, when I launch HP Smart it says the printer status is unknown and it will not let me get to the Printer Settings to do anything.

Again -- My main problem is the IP Address is set to 0.0.0.0 AND the IP Configuration is stuck at Manual 

Jim

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi Jim,

The software installation have nothing to do with HP Smart, your printer does not support the HP Smart app.

By following the installation, were you able to get any difference?

Did you select a wireless connection? were you prompt to connect a USB cable? please clarify what happened during the installation.

How is the blue wireless light? it is currently solid lit, blinking or off

HP Recommended

Shlomi,

There is no difference since the new drivers were installed.

The software prompted me for how I wanted to connect -- I chose USB since I can't connect wirelessly.

I was prompted to connect the USB Cable

Then prompted if I wanted to install ePrint -- which I declined

The it wanted to reboot -- which I did .

Blue Light is off -- It will blink for a while when I turn the machine on or if I press the button but then is goes off.

I did go through the Factor Reset process again with No luck on resetting the   IP Configured by back to Automatic

I printed my Printer Configuration page again and the IP Address is still 0.0.0.0 and IP Configured by still reads manual.

Jim

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please unplug the USB and click the Start menu, then the gear (settings) icon and select Devices, then Printers and Scanners.

If you see your printer listed, click it, select Manage and then Remove Device.

Next, for the installation issue, please right click the Start button and select Run, paste the following and press OK to launch the installation:

C:\LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution\HpSetup.exe

Follow the installation by selecting a Wireless connection, then you will be prompt to temporarily plug a USB, then you will be prompt to select your network.

Complete the Wizard to connect the printer and then check the network information.

Shlomi

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.