Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8710
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi

I can print via WiFi from other apps (word/acrobat/mail).  I’m trying to scan from my printer and when I open the HP smart app - it says I’m not connected to the internet.  I’ve rebooted my computer, printer and uninstalled and reinstalled the HP SMART APP. I still can’t open the app. 

please help!

thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Adding some screenshots, be sure to follow the steps by exact order as shown:

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

Figure 1:

ShlomiL_0-1633085557878.png

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer.

As soon as HP Easy start prompts to install HP Smart, close HP Easy Start by pressing the Red X and press the Skip to Software Download button:

Figure 2:

ShlomiL_1-1633085558430.png

Figure 3:

ShlomiL_2-1633085558016.png

Now follow the steps on screen to complete the installation, be sure to switch to an HP Driver during the setup, if any such option is shown:

Figure 4: Switch driver option may appear

ShlomiL_3-1633085557981.png

Now try printing and or scanning from the HP Easy Scan app and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software.

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/HP_Quick_Start/osx/Applications/HP_Easy_Start.app.zip

As soon as HP Easy start prompts to install HP Smart, close HP Easy Start and press the Skip to Software Download button, then follow the steps on screen to complete the installation and check for any difference using HP Easy Scan.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

sorry,  I am struggling to uninstall...I open up the download and it forces me to install a software update.  There is no easy start menu....

HP Recommended

Could you please include a screenshot of the exact screen you refer to? to get some better understanding of any possible cause.

HP Recommended

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.48.08.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.48.59.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.49.38.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.50.01.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.50.19.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.50.41.png

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 16.51.56.png

This is what I get.  I have tried via downloads folder too, and looked on utube.  it tells me to click on File- uninstall....where?

Thanks very much

HP Recommended

Update - so I managed to uninstall and follow your instructions until I got to "Skip to software download" which didn't appear.  So I tried HP smart again and ended up with the same error message!  I have now spent HOURS trying to set this up and am frustrated and disheartened!  What am I doing wrong?

Screenshot 2021-09-29 at 17.58.28.png

HP Recommended

I'm no closer to solving this, can you offer any more help please?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Adding some screenshots, be sure to follow the steps by exact order as shown:

Please follow below version of HP Easy Start, as soon as it launches open the top HP Easy Start menu and select Uninstall HP Software:

Figure 1:

ShlomiL_0-1633085557878.png

Follow the steps on screen and then click on Set Up New Device and follow the steps to reinstall the printer.

As soon as HP Easy start prompts to install HP Smart, close HP Easy Start by pressing the Red X and press the Skip to Software Download button:

Figure 2:

ShlomiL_1-1633085558430.png

Figure 3:

ShlomiL_2-1633085558016.png

Now follow the steps on screen to complete the installation, be sure to switch to an HP Driver during the setup, if any such option is shown:

Figure 4: Switch driver option may appear

ShlomiL_3-1633085557981.png

Now try printing and or scanning from the HP Easy Scan app and check for any difference.

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hallelujah l! It worked, thanks very much.  It may have taken all week, but I got there in the end!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.