Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY PHOTO 6234
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hello all,

I have just purchased and setup a brand new HP ENVY PHOTO 6234 printer and I'm having issues with printouts.

Everything I print has white bands (single line streaks) running across the printout.

This applies to anything I print, unless I change the print quality option to 'best'.

I've followed all of the alignment and cleaning steps offered by the HP Smart app and software, to no avail.

Can anyone offer advice please?

Is there a bedding in time where it'll be fine afterwards? I've printed a dozen pages so far.

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @izekial27

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand the print quality is not satisfactory. I'd be happy to assist you.

• Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your MAC.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Try printing in single-cartridge mode to identify the defective ink cartridge. Insert one ink cartridge and try printing.

For more info on resolving print quality issues, kindly refer to this document.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

I’ve tried those steps and still have the same issue. I’ve also tried new instant ink cartridges and the same issue persists. 

HP Recommended

@izekial27, that's unfortunate.

It seems like an issue with the printer hardware. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have spoke to support twice. Last week they said the fault must be with the setup cartridges and wait for the replacements to come. They came today, same issue happening. Spoke to them again today and they’re still claiming the issue is with a second bad set of cartridges and want time to wait for another set of cartridges to come. That will be the third set then. I believe the issue is hardware related, specifically the printer itself. 

HP Recommended

@izekial27

I understand your concern. Hardware issues are taken care by the HP Support team. You may let them know that the issue is with the printer and would like a replacement instead of ink cartridges.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.