Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Interesting that it's happening to all of us on the same night. I just printed a bunch of document yesterday and now I'm getting this exact same error message: 

"One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing. The print job cannot be completed. To fix this situation, HP recommends reinstalling the print driver software."

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver--and have done everything else I can think of--to no avail. I have a midterm exam in the morning and this has really made studying difficult. To say I'm frustrated would be the understatement of the century. Why aren't you answering our concerns, HP??

HP Recommended

I have a 'Filter' Failed message and an alert that 'One or more components of the HP printing software are corrupted or missing'. I reinstalled the printer drivers, rebooted, reset the printing system, rebooted, still same failure message. When I open the HP Utility, it crashes with exception type "EXC_CRASH (Code Signature Invalid)".  I have downloaded HP drivers from the HP site, re-installed, but I still get the same messages.

HP Recommended

For my iMac, what worked for me was:

Download latest software

In the Printer and Scanner section of System Preferences use the + to add the new printer software

Select your printer name (e.g HP Officejet pro...) under 'Name'

Lower in this window, under 'Use:' select the 'Generic PCL Printer' option from the drop down menu and select Generic PCL

Use this to print

HP Recommended

Yeah, I was able to print with the generic driver, but the quality was terrible, and it’s missing all the features specific to the printer. 

HP Recommended

SAME ERROR HERE - LASERJET 1015

HP Recommended

The same problem in two different installations.

1- Mac OS Mojave 10.14 and Officejet 7100

2- Mac OS Mojave 10.14 and Deskjet D1500

In first one is solved after delete printer in System Preferences and Install new downloaded drivers. HP easy install...

In second one doesn't work this solution... two attemps of reinstall downloaded drivers and the error appear again. 

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same problem with a Desket 3050 and Catalina (10.15.7).

What just happened? Never had a single problem printing from my iMac until now.

HP Recommended

Just to add another +1 to this thread. My mum's Mac Mini, running 10.15.7 and connected to a DeskJet D1500, now refuses to print after working fine for years. Strangely, when we first tried to print earlier we got lots of messages about "malware detected" on various printer frameworks ("Crossbow.framework" was one).  Attempting to remove and reinstall the driver gives the same results as everyone else.

Try and explain this to a confused pensioner who can't understand what she's done to break it!

HP Recommended

Exactly the same issue. I was printing fine at 11PM Australian Eastern time 22 Oct. This morning, 23 Oct, nothing has changed but I keep getting the same "Filter failed" error.  I am on an iMac with HP Deskjet 2000 J210a connected via USB, running Mojave 10.14. This is the error message according to cups:

D [23/Oct/2020:22:45:03 +1100] [Job 2] PID 7203 (/Library/Printers/hp/cups/Inkjet9.driver/Contents/MacOS/Inkjet9) stopped with status 1.

D [23/Oct/2020:22:45:03 +1100] [Job 2] PID 7202 (/usr/libexec/cups/filter/cgbannertopdf) did not catch or ignore signal 13.
D [23/Oct/2020:22:45:03 +1100] [Job 2] printer-state-reasons=com.hp.r.1-error

As far as I know, nothing was updated/changed between printing OK yesterday, and print failure today. I've been trying deleting/adding printers in Sys Prefs, downloading & installing HP drivers, removing, rebooting printer etc etc etc. I'm relieved it's not just me, but I hope it won't take long for HP to fix this.

HP Recommended

So, what's been the problem?

I have the same issue with HP Deskjet F4580. It just started when trying to print and the program said that there where corrupted files in the mac (all associated with the HP drivers), so it closes and no more is done.

I've tried uninstalling the printer in settings, deleting the hp library in /library/printers and reinstalling it automatically when reconnecting the printer.

When I try reinstalling the drivers using the pkg in hp web it runs again but shows me the message that there are corrupted files.

If I add the printer in PCL generic when I try to print a document it does literally NOTHING.

Please, help, I need the printer working ASAP.

Thank you all,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.