Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hmmmmm, sure is odd.. all of us Mac users and on the same date. This is one for 'Unsolved Mysteries'.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the input. At least I can put that theory to rest.

HP Recommended

They hung up on me, too. Asked for my number and said he'd call back if we were "disconnected". He never called.

HP Recommended

Exact same with me, but without the malware thing. 

HP Recommended

I never got the malware warning... I did scan with Malwarebytes AFTER all this started and didn't find anything. Defiantly seems like an Apple to HP problem though. Just wish we could all get some help!

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me.  I've added it under Printers & Scanners and it's got a green circle and says it's idle.  I set it as the default printer.  But when I go in and print it isn't showing as an option for a printer to choose from. And when I print to the only option that is there, nothing happens.

HP Recommended

Yeah this is defiantly an Apple issue. I'm chatting with Apple support about it now, I'll update y'all after!

HP Recommended

SOLUTION!!!!!! Mac Users! I went to preferences and deleted the printer. I reinstalled it and it is working fine. SOLUTION!!!!!!

HP Recommended

I deleted the printer in preferences snd reinstalled it. It is now working!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Yeah I've tried that a billion times and still doesn't work for me 😞 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.