Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Please don't mark it as solved! It's not! Really awful...

HP Recommended

Not sure why this has been marked as “solved” with this being the “solution”. While it may be somewhat of an explanation, this is most certainly not a solution.

HP Recommended

The same problem with my HP DeskJet 3050 J610a and I can't use AirPint since it isn't compatible, so this problem is NOT solved, this is just a workaround!

Please resign the app HP Utility with a valid certificate and deploy it as soon as possible!

Cesare

HP Recommended

I tried reinstalling the software 2x as well as reinstalling the printer itself on why MacBook Air.  It's an old printer, could that be the issue?   Did do the restart as suggested after reinstalling, didn't make any progress

HP Recommended

I had not updated to Catalina 10.15.7 when my problems started. Yesterday I downloaded the most current driver for Mac, version 5.1 dated Aug 4, 2020 and it came with the Cert expired warning, which I installed anyway with no luck. This morning I deleted the printer,  updated to OS 10.15.7,  redownloaded the driver, this time there was no Cert expired warning, added my printer back and still get the same error message. When I open System Preferences-Printers & Scanners-Settings it shows Driver Version 2.3.2.  I don't know why the driver version numbers are different. Still have the same issues

I also tried adding my printer as a Generic PCL Printer, as some have suggested, and printing a page. The printer dialog showed it was printing without the error message, but it did not come out of my printer so I don't know what happened there.

Also, when I got the cert expired warning, it said it expired October 24, 2019, a year ago, so why is it causing issues now?

My printer is a an older HP Deskjet All-in-one 3050 J610

Computer is MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2017

HP Recommended

It won't let me add the Airport printer. I still can't print!

HP Recommended

Has the fix occurred yet?

HP Recommended

Still can't print!!

HP Recommended

Obviously the "FIX" HP says is in place doesn't work. So when a remedy is actually in place, how will HP notify everyone? Do we just keep checking this forum until they work something out? Whenever that is.

HP Recommended

You’re  absolutely right it’s not solved that’s my bad! I was thinking with that info at the top it would help those with wireless connections and those of us on usb would know we basically have to wait and hope. I’ve deselected that as the solution and instead edited my original post which is more accurate, my bad! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.