Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

My Mac with Catalina 10.15 is also working now without me doing anything...

HP Recommended

Are you using a USB to connect the printer or wifi? I'm on Catalina 10.15 as well and mine still doesn't work (only can connect by USB). The link from the other forum post doesn't work for me either as when I download it my computer thinks a file in the package is malware and I cannot 'ignore' it as it wont stop popping up errors until I delete the file. 

HP Recommended

I only use USB connection too. The other ones don't work. I've connected the printer and from Office tried to print. No more

HP Recommended

INMHO. HP tech support stinks.  If you are out of warranty you’re on your own.  Their automated chat sites are useless except for the most basic questions.  There are no live chat rooms that I can find, and we’re left to flail around on our own in this community site all with the same problem and no answers.

my ENVY 7640 will print from computer and iPhone.  But troubleshooters can’t find it and neither can the updated version of the 7640 program even after several pages of demo and quality checks.  So how can it not find the printer?!!!

HP Recommended

Because HP fixed it on their end.

HP Recommended

Printing seems back to normal without me having to do any technical acrobatics. Guess HP got round to doing a fix. But what a shambles. Agree that the HP tech support stinks. Will I ever buy another HP product? Nope!

HP Recommended

Like others, and after endless uninstalling/reinstalling, this morning I read the forums, found that it "magically" started working, went to try it myself and sure enough, it's just working again. 

It would be nice if there were some notification of the update. It's very not cool of HP to be so silent on this. Why not just have an HP rep post on the forum here. Own up to it and make us confident and as a result keep our business. Seriously.

HP Recommended
Thanks to Krunoslav for the advice, I deleted all HP files, redownloaded the drivers and added the printer. I had to do Show Certificate and insist that my Mac trust all of the expired certificates but it's printing and scanning again. Glad to be able to function again after THREE DAYS but cannot believe that HP remained silent throughout this whole fiasco. Worst customer service I've ever seen.
HP Recommended

Someone at Apple removed the certificate...

They added a temporary fix....

https://www.bresink.com/Blog/blog-latest.html

HP Recommended

Finally, I can print again! Nothing that worked for others worked for me so basically I was waiting for HP to update the driver or something. I checked my driver page again today and it was updated yesterday. After deleting the old driver completely I installed the new driver and it is fixed!! My driver is the 5.1 here is the link for those needing this one: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/closure/hp-deskjet-f300-all-in-one-printer-series/1...

For anyone needing a different driver still stuck keep checking your driver every day until you see the release date update. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.