Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
ENVY 4524
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to update the HP software on my computer, but the installer is ubable to locate the files to uninstall the Basic Device Software. 

I get the following:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavilable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'E4520x64.msi in the box below"

I have searched for the folder where the unistaller is looking, but the folder doesn't exist and I have searched for the names .msi file on my c:/ but nothing is found! 

How can this be resolved?

I have also tried to uninstall all the other HP software from 'Programs and Features' but I get the same pop up, with slightly different files paths and .msi files listed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Download and instarll the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup which i've shared with you via a private message to remove the curropted HP Software.

Click the envelope icon at the top right of the forum to access private massaging.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and run the following installer:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL61220/mp-147799-1/EN4520_Full_WebPack_1122.exe

Immediately as the setup dialog appears close its window.

Right click the Start button and select Run.

Type %temp% and press OK.

Locate the installation folder just extracted from the file above, it will begin with 7z (e.g. 7z1234S)

If there are several 7z folders locate the latest modified one.

Locate E4520x64.msi (a Windows installaer package), right click it and select Uninstall.

If any prompt for that file is shown with a Browse button, browse to the 7z folder with this file and confirm any prompt.

If you experience any difficulties please let me know.

Regards,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Thanks for your heIp. I folowed your instructions, but I am getting the following message after clikcing uninstall in the right click menu. 

Capture.PNG

I also tried to running the installer from the .exe and when prompted to find the .msi file I went to the most recent 7z folder and selected that, but the same message reappeared after clicking OK. 

HP Recommended

try to uninstall with progam like " uninstall tool" . this progam will clean your apps and allow you to force delete

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Download and instarll the Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup which i've shared with you via a private message to remove the curropted HP Software.

Click the envelope icon at the top right of the forum to access private massaging.

Please let me know how it goes,

Shlomi

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for the solution. 

I downloaded the "Microsoft Windows Install and Uninstall" tool from here... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed...

I had to removed all HP software from my PC before the new installerwould work. 

Thanks again for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.