Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 6220
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! This evening my printer just said to me that there is a problem with indicated cartridge and I need to remove it and insert it again. It indicates that BLACK ink is not recognized, so I proceeded to remove it and re-insert it, but nothing changed.

Then I went to the Instant Ink page, and also the Web panel shows me that there is a problem with BLACK ink. The message is in Italian, and it says, more or less, that "No cartridge is inserted or the installed one is faulty. Please replace or clean your cartridge for solving the problem: you'll not receive new cartridges util you'll not solve the problem. Please check helpdesk on how to clean and reach us out if you still not solve the problem":

Martinocom_0-1634585399436.png

  

So here I'm. What I tried so far:

1. I tried to clean the printer and cartridges as explained here:
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1721989-1461843-16
  2. I tried to just remove it and reinsert it, more than once.
  3. I turned it on, unplug from wall, waited 60 seconds + holding power for 20 sec (discharging static electricity) and plugged in again.
  4. After all this steps I redo all from 1 to 3 twice, with no luck.

I have a regular plan for Instant Ink at 2.99€ (11.99€ until 23th of october). I never put different cartridges other than the Instant Ink one, so I have no regular one nor an extra Black Instant ink one to try.

Last time it worked was 16th of October, when I printed regullary 6 pages, as from report of Web page.

My printer is HP Envy Photo 6220. I checked updates and there are no updates. Printer won't print from PC nor Mobile and will not print anything from the panel. I can't do the "Clean Cartridge" procedure, since selecting that will prompt again the message that I need to remove the faulty cartridge. 

photo_2021-10-18_21-37-49.jpgphoto_2021-10-18_21-37-53.jpg

Since I have no spare cartridges, I cannot try this solution.

What can I do in this case?

Thanks,
Marcin.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After contacting the Italian Customer Service, without any problems they sent me a new cardrige. I replaced it and it worked.

The only thing I lost it's my 900 unused pages from 11.99€ subscription, since I got the 2.99€ one.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Martinocom,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are facing a "cartridge" error and you have tried all the steps in the relevant document.

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello! Thank you for your time dedicated here.

Since I had one free hour I decided to contact directly the Italian HP Support via Messenger and they solved my question.

For everyone that is wondering what is wrong: I don't know and they don't know.

The solution is that they will send me another Black Cartridge to subsitute the faulty one.

If I can, and this thread will remain open, I'll update you if after receiving the new cartridge the problem will be solved.

Thanks,
Marcin.

HP Recommended

After contacting the Italian Customer Service, without any problems they sent me a new cardrige. I replaced it and it worked.

The only thing I lost it's my 900 unused pages from 11.99€ subscription, since I got the 2.99€ one.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.