Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M255dw

i got Color LaserJet Pro M255dw with message Supply Problem. is there a way to reset the toner levels? I'm asking because i got the printer replaced under warranty and i had the toner already in very low state. still fine for printing, and they did not supply replacement toner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You only need to replace the cartridge that is showing you an error.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

No. When you install old used toner cartridges with a low level ( I think under 15% ) the replacement printer will report old used cartridges with a supply problem message, but the printer will continue to work, you only will not have an estimated toner level.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

This doesn't help as the printer refuses to print. i require a way to reset the chips on the toner to usable level so printer will start printing

HP Recommended

There is no option to reset, if the printer will not print you will probably need new cartridge(s).

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Ok. the new printer is showing the error 10 on yellow cartridge. if i replace it, and leave the others in, will the printer resume printing? The other cartridges show used status.

HP Recommended

You only need to replace the cartridge that is showing you an error.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended
Finally an answer I can work with. I was over 3 hours on chat and call with level 1 and level 2 support. They just read scripts, and don't care about the user experience or even questions. Thanks Valsimot 🙂 I will post here with results when I replace the toner. Right now the replacement genuine toner is being shipped from a 3rd party vendor.
HP Recommended

Thanks. Yellow cartridge replaced. Printer resumed printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.