cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
krezolmks
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

Color LaserJet Pro M255dw - Supply Problem

HP Recommended
Color LaserJet Pro M255dw

i got Color LaserJet Pro M255dw with message Supply Problem. is there a way to reset the toner levels? I'm asking because i got the printer replaced under warranty and i had the toner already in very low state. still fine for printing, and they did not supply replacement toner.

7 REPLIES 7
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,431 5,415 631 894
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

No. When you install old used toner cartridges with a low level ( I think under 15% ) the replacement printer will report old used cartridges with a supply problem message, but the printer will continue to work, you only will not have an estimated toner level.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
krezolmks
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This doesn't help as the printer refuses to print. i require a way to reset the chips on the toner to usable level so printer will start printing

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,431 5,415 631 894
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There is no option to reset, if the printer will not print you will probably need new cartridge(s).

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
krezolmks
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok. the new printer is showing the error 10 on yellow cartridge. if i replace it, and leave the others in, will the printer resume printing? The other cartridges show used status.

0 Kudos
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
5,431 5,415 631 894
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You only need to replace the cartridge that is showing you an error.

My profile on LinkedIn

krezolmks
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Finally an answer I can work with. I was over 3 hours on chat and call with level 1 and level 2 support. They just read scripts, and don't care about the user experience or even questions. Thanks Valsimot 🙂 I will post here with results when I replace the toner. Right now the replacement genuine toner is being shipped from a 3rd party vendor.
0 Kudos
krezolmks
Author
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks. Yellow cartridge replaced. Printer resumed printing.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation