Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8035 pro
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

I installed 3 new color cartridges: Magenta, Cyan, Yellow. Black didn't need to be replaced. The printer failed to print Cyan. I ran all the diagnostics, including alignment, and deep multi-level cleaning of the printheads. The HP Printer diagnostic shows the ink levels to be full on each, including the Cyan cartridge. Printing the Diagnostic page nothing prints under the Cyan heading, but correctly under the other 3 cartridges. I followed the printed solution on this Forum, including removal of the cartridges, unplug, hard shutdown, wait 3 minutes; plug in and turn on the printer, then install the cartridges; print a page via the Copy command. Again the Cyan blue did not print. It was printing fine before I replaced. When I went back to the old Cyan cartridge, it now doesn't work. So it seems to be an issue with the printer and not the cartridge. I went to the HP site to contact support but it indicated that my printer is out of warranty so I couldn't get in touch with anyone. Please help! I'm in the US.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @NeilMR,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are unable to print in cyan.

If you have already performed the steps from the document Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

I've performed all the steps from the help document, and replaced the cartridge.   I'm out of warranty (although I was under warranty when this started happening 2 months ago).  What to do next?  Any help would be appreciated...

HP Recommended

I finally got someone on the phone. The first two people I spoke with said that I was out of luck because I was out of warranty (the warranty had expired two weeks earlier). I told them that wasn't acceptable and kept asking for supervisors. They finally agreed to replace for free as a one time only gesture. Got a refurbished model, set it up, and sent the old one back.

HP Recommended

Hi Jay_G24,

Cyan stopped printing for me also (I'm in the US). I've performed all the steps from the help document, and replaced the cartridge.   I'm out of warranty (although I was under warranty when this started happening 2 months ago).  What to do next?  Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

@DaveReiner

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.