Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2732
Chrome OS

I have a Deskjet 2732 purchased less than 2 months ago, is still under warranty, that has suddenly decided to quite working. It displays error code "EE" on the display panel, and has multiple flashing lights. It IS NOT a paper jam/E3 error. I've seen other posts about this very problem and can't find a solution. I've unplugged it from the wall to try and reset it and it does nothing. I've tried connecting to my computer to diagnose, but my computer won't recognize it in this state--even with a usb connector. I've pressed every combination of buttons you can on it, all to no avail. It. Just. Keeps. Blinking. Short of bouncing it off the ground, I'm not sure what else to try. It stopped working just outside the store return policy window, otherwise I would have taken it back already and rid myself of this headache. There are no service centers locally. I'm at a loss for what to do--next option, if this forum doesn't work, is target practice. Please, help me. 

Thank you.

IMG_20201118_085656752.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I am having the same/similar problem with my Deskjet 2652. Worked fine last week, went to print my daughter's homework and all lights were blinking, display area blinking, and error EE was displayed (which does not even appear in HPs offical error codes page). Very frustrating. 
I did find one other person who seemed to solve it. Definitely helped but I am still having problems. Here is a link to their post: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/HP-Deskjet-2632-EE-error-wi...
Short version is: turn printer off and on with the power button, as soon as you see "0" on the display press and release the wireless button to turn wireless off. Then turn off the printer again with the power button, unplug for a minute, plug in again, power on, press and hold the wireless button to enable WPS connection with your router, and press the WPS button on your router. This all worked for me except the WPS connection part so I am trying to fix the network connection through the HP Smart software (on WIndows 10) using a USB cable to connect to my Windows 10 machine. 

This error EE seems to be related to wifi issues. If I can't get this fixed I'll be cancelling my Instant Ink subscription. HP should take note of people with this problem and try harder to fix it before they lose more subscribers.

Good luck, I hope this helps.

-Sean 

HP Recommended

Thanks, Sean. I really appreciate that feedback. Unfortunately, when I turn the printer on, there is no "0" on the display--not even for a split second. It immediately goes to the blinking error lights/codes. I can't turn on/off the wifi connection, even if I press the button for it, right after pressing the power button.  The thing is absolutely unresponsive, except for being able to power on/off. I've needed to print several things over the past week or so while trying to diagnose this and something came up today that can't be put off any longer--I went online and ordered an Epson printer with good reviews and will be picking it up later. Still, if I could get the HP to work, it would be really great--you know, since it's not even 2 month old. 

Thanks again and take care. 

HP Recommended

@taylort906, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

There is no explanation for this error code displayed on the screen. Check for any paper jams inside the printer and make sure the print carriage is moving freely.

You may refer to - 'E4' Error Displays (Paper Jam)

For more info on resolving this issue, refer to - Blinking Lights

If the error persists, as this printer is under warranty, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes. I know there is no explanation for this error... That's why I'm here?? Asking for help? As stated in my original post, it is NOT a paper jam error. I have gone through every "blinking light" solution offered by HP online and NONE have resolved the issue. I still have an unusable printer. I do not have the time in the day, to wait on hold for tech support, and everytime I have reached out via virtual assistant, or Facebook messenger to someone, they just tell me to check for a paper jam. Its so incredibly frustrating. Is there an email I can contact for support? Who do I reach out to get a replacement printer or refund? This has to be an issue with the hardware in the printer itself, and not just correctly guessing the right combination of buttons to push. 

HP Recommended

@taylort906

No, there is no email support available. Kindly create a case using the link in my previous post so that an HP technician will get back to you. You need not worry, the printer will be replaced once it is concluded as a hardware issue by the technician as it is under warranty. 

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

At what point does someone actually reach out to help?? Is this the only response I will get regarding the  case that I created? Because this is zero help at all. I've tried all of these things! That's why I created a case--because none of them worked! What am I supposed to do with this printer? Better yet, what is HP going to do about this? Look, I know you're obviously not at fault here, but this is so INCREDIBLY frustrating. 

Screenshot_20201125-182255.png

HP Recommended

Screenshot_20201125-182255.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.