Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C510
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a document that is double-sided that is 4.75 in squared. When I go to print, the printer is distorting one side so that it is shorter in length. I've tried printing it through multiple applications and it's still continues to screw it up. How can I fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@RKoster17 

If this is your printer

Printer Specifications for HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer Series (C510)

The specifications ( and User Guide ) do not include the margin limitations - it is possible the margins set for the job are not supported by the printer.

The software is five years old - still likely usable with Windows 10 but it is not going to get any better at this point.

Some printers do require a larger margin on the bottom than on the sides / top.

If you try to print the document / image beyond the limitations, the job will produce an error or it might "fit" and squish the content.

If this is the case, one way to fix it is to set the margins large enough that the bottom margin is also used on the sides / top.

If this is not your printer, the basic premise is the same.

Check your printer's Specifications and User Guide.

You can also try setting the margins to minimum in the document to be printed (say .1 inch per side) - usually if there is an error, it might notify you with an option for correct the option and you can click "yes, fix it" (in which case it will set the minimum margins supported in the driver / printer).

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Photosmart eStation All-in-One Printer series - C510 

OR

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

So, the image I am trying to print it 4.75" x 4'75". Which is well within the printers limitations. I have printed out this same document size before and it has worked just fine but now it is not doing it properly. Also, when I select " General Printing" in the Printer Driver properties and select "Print On Both Sides" the printer drastically reduces the image size down to 2 inches high. I am very confused as to why it is doing this. 

HP Recommended

@RKoster17 

Curious.  I think I missed something.

Is this a document?

or

Is this an image file?

OR

Is this an image inside the document and just the image is squished?

What is the file format of the content / "thing" you are printing?  Word, PDF, Image?

If the image is inside the document, what is the total page size of the document?

For example, is the whole document 4.75 x 4.75 inches?

Or

Is the document "Letter" size (or A4) and the image inside the document is supposed to be the 4.75 inches size?

and, importantly:

What software are you using to submit the job to the printer?

Word?  Adobe Reader DC?  Paint?  HP smart for Windows?

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up on a post to show appreciation for the help.

Answered? Click "Accept as Solution" to help others find a solution.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.